Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

johncraig
Jul 26, 2023
this man had 20 good songs and people still care? I can't understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Billy is very clearly wrapped up in his 90s success but does NOT want anyone to know.

Basically the personification of that "I'm not owned" Dril tweet

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

johncraig posted:

That's more than Hendrix, Cobain, Madonna, and about a million other cultural icons.

When he was on fire he was one of the all time greats.

He just also happens to be a MASSIVE MASSIVE dipshit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

johncraig posted:

And then another 20 great ones.

Kingo Ligma posted:

That's more than Hendrix, Cobain, Madonna, and about a million other cultural icons.

When he was on fire he was one of the all time greats.

He just also happens to be a MASSIVE MASSIVE dipshit.

Hendrix has more than 20 good songs.

Madonna too.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I dunno if people don't notice but most people here enjoy the band, but enjoy making fun of Billiam Corrigan even more. The first run of the band was great, but the second run is hilarious.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Willy Pee Corey

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.
at this point the band has been poo poo longer than it was good and I personally think that will get even funnier with time

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

mystic pimp posted:

at this point the band has been poo poo longer than it was good and I personally think that will get even funnier with time

Almost like The Simpson!

hardcoremark
May 6, 2009

CornHolio posted:

On the other hand though, I'd be down to hear a guitar-heavy version of Eye. I still think the heavy version of Satur9 that was on Machina II was way better than the electronic version on Judas O.

This cover by Hopesfall hopefully will scratch that itch...

https://youtu.be/M1h_m7iChzw?si=cYQUeiuUkowiCIiW

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Billy is getting his own podcast on Bill Maher's Club Random.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1772959457632260497

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I had really hoped fatherhood had mellowed him out after he stopped going on Alex Jones but I think it was just management telling him to keep it quiet and he got bored of that.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Hey, Bill Maher is a step up from Alex Jones. It’s still insufferable, but it’s not actively hateful.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cemetry Gator posted:

Hey, Bill Maher is a step up from Alex Jones. It’s still insufferable, but it’s not actively hateful.

This is a step up so shallow you'd have to work to trip on it. Maher just knows how to rant more calmly.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

I mean it's the typical right wing grifter arc of desperately wanting to be adored for your art, sucking at it, and becoming a complete piece of poo poo. The only difference between Billy and Ben Shapiro now is that Billy actually got taste genius and actually deserved acclaim for a while.

It's too hard to write another actually good album so he'll end up scoring Daily Wire and Prager U movies in the next few years.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is a step up so shallow you'd have to work to trip on it. Maher just knows how to rant more calmly.

There's a fairly significant difference, it's like the difference between getting kicked in the dick and having a rat spend several days eating your dick while you're also being waterboarded. One being really, incredibly awful doesn't mean the other isn't also really awful.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cemetry Gator posted:

Bill Maher is definitely actively hateful but if you told me "Billy Corgan just joined the podcasting network of someone the internet hates" I will say that Bill Maher is by far the best option unless the Krassensteins tried to start a podcast network. At least it's not Compound Media.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

There's a fairly significant difference, it's like the difference between getting kicked in the dick and having a rat spend several days eating your dick while you're also being waterboarded. One being really, incredibly awful doesn't mean the other isn't also really awful.

I am going to give gently caress head Alex Jones the biggest and most generous benefit of the doubt and posit that he doesn't actually believe in the poo poo he spouts, but says it because it gets him money and attention. He's horrendously awful because he doesn't give a gently caress who it hurts, like the families of the Sandy Hook victims. I truly hate him.

I think Maher gets a better rap not just for the obvious fact that he doesn't scream bullshit until his face turns red but also because, afaik, he used to kind of represent something better. But nowadays, he's horrible.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I've only seen one clip/episode of Maher from the 90s, I think? Scott Weiland was one of the guests and confessed that he struggled with an eating disorder which in retrospect is obvious but sheesh that guy went through so much poo poo :(

Just remembered because of Maher chat and listening to an interview where Billy talked about how he gave Stone Temple Pilots his blessing or some poo poo because he considered them to actually be pushing the envelope and evolving beyond other grunge bands. I mean he wasn't wrong and Billy was putting out solid gold throughout the 90s and way ahead of the curve but still that bald noggin' of his is way too freakin' huge.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Didn’t he get Pavement kicked off a tour because of the mention in the song Range Life?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cemetry Gator posted:

Didn’t he get Pavement kicked off a tour because of the mention in the song Range Life?

:lol: does Billy still hate Stephen Malkmus?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Lmao I hope this is the right kind of train wreck:

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/smashing-pumpkins-billy-corgan-is-getting-his-own-reality-show/

And further proof this is the dumbest possible world and everything has to suck as much as possible:

Satan himself posted:

If you’d like even more Billy Corgan in your life, don’t fret; Variety reports that he’s launching his own podcast on Bill Maher‘s Club Random Studios podcast network (along with Fred Durst, who will reportedly “host a show about UFOs and conspiracy theories”).

“I never knew Fred or Billy,” Maher told Variety. “But something good happens there, and I can feel like I’m best friends for life with somebody who I just talked to for an hour and a half. That’s the quality we want — a nighttime feel.”

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kingo Ligma posted:

Lmao I hope this is the right kind of train wreck:

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/smashing-pumpkins-billy-corgan-is-getting-his-own-reality-show/

And further proof this is the dumbest possible world and everything has to suck as much as possible:

Billy had to self finance this show and the WB was only interested because it meant airing his wedding footage.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

Billy had to self finance this show and the WB was only interested because it meant airing his wedding footage.

That's even more depressing

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

I’m guessing if it’s only on the app, they’re just burning the show since who is going to watch it?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Billy hired guitar influencer Kiki Wong into the band - announced this morning.

https://www.instagram.com/kikiwongo/?hl=en

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cemetry Gator posted:

I’m guessing if it’s only on the app, they’re just burning the show since who is going to watch it?

It was originally going to be on the CW proper but then Billy booked an angle involving cocaine on his wrestling show and they decided they didn't want to air it on the network. Hopeful that wasting all that money gets us the remasters faster to recoup the losses.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Vintersorg posted:

Billy hired guitar influencer Kiki Wong into the band - announced this morning.

https://www.instagram.com/kikiwongo/?hl=en

No no no. Girl pumpkin is bassist, why does he insist on loving up the formula every time?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

No no no. Girl pumpkin is bassist, why does he insist on loving up the formula every time?

Wait, who's playing bass now?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wait, who's playing bass now?

Jack Bates.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Kingo Ligma posted:

Jack Bates.

Lol I just realised both his names are slang for jerking off

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

Lol I just realised both his names are slang for jerking off

Wow.

It's slightly more subtle than being named Dick Johnson.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
think billy'll let her write ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think new guitarist is like Jack, just a touring musician.