Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

A proper release of Machina II and all the Zwan stuff would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

The only reference I'm not getting is issue number 2.

Is it just because it was a double album?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

My brother and I were looking at The World is a Vampire tour tickets because 1: Pumpkins and 2: woah I can't believe they're coming to Australia with the wrestling and everything but General Admission is 200 bucks! Sorry Billy, not happening.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Yeah part of the reason I quit on the 33 podcast is Billy has no loving idea of what getting cancelled is and also how the internet works

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's me, I'm the audience for that. Thank you.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Adore is my favourite SP album by a mile but it took me a long time to get there. Hearing songs like Blank Page and Shame played live at a Triple J gig really helped me "get it". It's an album I have to sit down and listen to all the way through though.

I didn't know about LMGTWTY being an Adore track initially, it does make sense though. Ava Adore was a good single pick for Adore, and I love Perfect but wasn't a good single choice to represent the album. And tying the video to 1979 would have pissed people off even further. Now, Appels + Oranjes wouldn't have represented the rest of the album well either but would it have been a banging single? Sure!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

If you think A+O would have been a better single than Perfect you're insane.

Oh it wouldn't have been, but it's a fun thought experiment. You could pick 5 different songs for singles and given people 5 different impressions of the rest of the album.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yeah, it's a shaker chrysanthemum never got a studio takeour seemingly survived past their first few shows. It was an early favorite, reckons me a bit of Stars Fall In from the early SP days.

"Glorious" and "What Have They Done to Me" got me super excited listening to bootlegs. I still enjoyed MSotS, but those given the studio treatment would have been :discourse:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CherryCola posted:

The guitar solo on Starla melted my loving brain when I was 15 or whatever

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Also trashing Gish and Adore invalidates that list massively.

And Whir is great, crazy stuff

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

In the early 2000s I was messing around with some audio programs (there was some top flight audio editing software that had a bug with it's 30 day trial where you just got to keep it forever). I used it mostly to record live gigs off of the radio - it's how I've got mp3s of a Pumpkins gig at Sydney.

What I'm getting at is I found Machina 1's wall of sound not enough. Not sure if it's just a bad rip but I felt like my copy of Age of Innocence was too quiet so I tried to increase the amplitude in that app and distorted the gently caress out of it!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I always put the quality of Machina II down to being distributed in the dial up days. Easy to imagine people passing it on, reuploading it in places and not knowing/caring about the mp3 quality.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CherryCola posted:

Hey why did they ruin Glynis with whatever this 2012 mix is? Is it just me or does it sound way off?

The 2012 mix suuuuuuuucks. I just look it up on YouTube when I want to hear it, sadly.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kingo Ligma posted:

I can't help but suspect the last thing Billy Corgan would EVER do is pay someone to tell him "no".

Guessing all producers have a "working with an rear end in a top hat" price hike included.

Billy probably costed himself out of the market after Zwan

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Guess old Bill knows when not to be an overbearing blowhard, and that time is when he's on a date.

Didn't he date one of the Veronicas?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Noise Machine posted:

Honestly his NWA purchase makes a ton more sense when you find out him and his brother bonded over wrestling as kids. Dude had money and wanted to buy the thing that made them both happy, why shouldn't he?

Plus he owned/was involved in Revolution Pro in Chicago before that. Dude loves wrasslin'

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CherryCola posted:

Dealing with airport stuff and listening to Zwan and yes this album holds the gently caress up. I feel like it would benefit from a slight remaster but considering how badly remastered Glynis was…I’m afraid.

As long as Spotify and other streaming services have both versions eventually then all good. It only sucks when they replace the originals with the lovely remasters.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Not to start a big religion argument but how you can be a big Christian and also believe in lizard people doesn't make sense to me. If man was made in God's image then what does that make lizard people?

Anyway, I watched about two minutes of that video and shut it off. But then some of Adore came up on shuffle and I listened to it all last night so just ignore anything Billy says and listen to the good tunes imo

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Fallen Angels breeding with humans becoming weird hybrids is usually the answer.

I don't know what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't that

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Check out the PS3 Pumpkins

https://youtu.be/lz_0q6CAlP8

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Happy Hippo posted:

Jeez, yeah, that read like some hokey dad trying to channel Stan Lee

Excelsior, true believers! Buy my records.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

I have a strong feeling the "copies in hand" rerelease is loving future embrace.

I hate that album but I'd kinda love to get the isolated tracks and do some real exploratory remixing myself.

Having easy access to Walking Shade would be nice at least - and remixing it to be less in your face would be nice.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Way to push back a fan of the part of your work that doesn't have many. Was Zeitgeist the first real example of "who mixed his vocals this way?!" or did Zwan start that?

Nah, the mix on Mary Star of the Sea was way better than Zeitgeist.

quote:

'Untitled', aside from being a fantastic song, is how all modern pumpkins tracks should be mixed. gently caress I love that track.

Absofuckinglutely

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kingo Ligma posted:

Way worse than that, I know I'm the Billy Corgan in my own life story.

Oh poo poo, what re-release are you holding up for ransom?!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

hatelull posted:

With zero context can I just say that "Bodies" is a great loving track. I want to live in these guitars.

I think the new rule should be after a run of "Billy is an idiot" posts, we have to remind ourselves that this dude was in the band that gave us "Thru the Eyes of Ruby."

:hmmyes: to this whole post

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Noise Machine posted:

Youtube rip of the Acoustic livestream is up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-GbT5Xs51Q

Jimmy has the sweetest fuckin drum kit I swear to god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

I saw a show they did early on during the Teargarden era where a wrestler came out to assault him during Disarm and Billy broke the acoustic over his head and they fought for a minute.

that's rad