Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I don't want to be one of those people but I'm somewhat worried about the adaptation, the intro is really good at setting the tone in the game but the prologue seems somewhat rushed.
On the other hand the game has some weird pacing problems so maybe the anime will smooth them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I thought it was good. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of people complaining they changed some things but it's not bad for a first episode.

I wonder how lost people who haven't played the game are though, they skipped some setup to get to Ren's awakening faster.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

As long Rivers in the Desert is in the anime I'll be happy.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

https://twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/983788810394677249

there's going to be a surprise deviation from the game!!

Maybe Haru is going to be introduced early. :pray:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

CJ posted:

It feels like it's from a previous draft of the game but they had already made the anime cutscene so decided to just stick it in anyway.

Most of the game's weird problems can be explained by that.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

The second episode felt as rushed as the first but it did give us more context about what's going on. I think these two episodes would have worked much better as a two-parter or an hour-long episode. I hope that once we get the next team member it'll slow down a bit.

EDIT: game light spoilers: I think Haru is going to appear earlier than in the game, she appears in the OP before Futaba.

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Larryb posted:

That doesn't bode well seeing as (unless I'm mistaken) this show is only going to be 24 episodes long. Maybe they'll somehow be able to pull it off but I kind of doubt it.

I remember reading when it began that they wanted to change the ending so maybe that's a possibility.