Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

Oof, I know ROH are trying to show they aren't secondary to NJPW but putting this on before Marty/Dalton is unfair on those guys.

Apparently people are leaving so I totally called this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
“The Villain”

That is a dumb nickname.

That is dumber than “The Big Dog” and “It’s Boss Time”

Ugh don’t do the bird flap thing god you suck

cams
Mar 28, 2003

fart blood posted:

“The Villain”

That is a dumb nickname.

woop woop

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fart blood posted:

“The Villain”

That is a dumb nickname.

W O O P
O
O
P

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Let's go.. Marty :whateverthatfuckedupsmithemojiis:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I hope you all fart during sex

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I'm watching a hornswoggle match that had more heat than most of Kenny/Cody

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
marty is absolutely a dipshit and a moron, and yet, woop woop

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
That ROH title looks real nice. How new is that?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
hahahahahah YOU'RE GOING TO CROSSOVER WITH BILLY CORGAN

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

fart blood posted:

That ROH title looks real nice. How new is that?

I think they made new belts for Final Battle last year

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
:mad:

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Gargano and Ciampa spoiled me tonight with their awesome storytelling. I'm just not getting into these ROH Supercard matches. :geno:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Grant DaNasty posted:

Gargano and Ciampa spoiled me tonight with their awesome storytelling. I'm just not getting into these ROH Supercard matches. :geno:

Nah they just aren't great. I wasn't as high on Gargano/Ciampa as everyone else (still have it as an MOTYC though) but these aren't doing it for me. This match is just stupid.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grant DaNasty posted:

no it's ok, it's all pretty much poo poo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
the woman of honor title match was the best match on this card

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
the other eight gently caress finishes tonight weren't enough so they booked like six more of them for this one match

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is overbooked garbage

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

"befitting of the Ring Of Honor Championship"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stupid match. Why did this show go nearly five hours? I should have watched Tokyo Joshi Pro instead.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 8, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Baron Corbyn posted:

Stupid match. Why did this show go nearly give hours? I should have watched Tokyo Joshi Pro instead.

they needed an intermission

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sportsgenius86 posted:

What happened, I tuned out after Cody vs. Kenny.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VJeff posted:

What happened, I tuned out after Cody vs. Kenny.

so did most of the crowd heyo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
marty and dalton had a piss boring match that went forever on a card that already went on forever and had its main draw leave with a giant wet fart

at some point nick aldis (Billy corgan's nwa champ) cut open a secutriy barricade or something and Marty through Dalton through it and then marty got a pair of wire snips that he used to undo a turnbuckle pad...and i dont even think the pad was used at all

eventually the match basically breaks down to lots of boring poo poo and nothing happening except for marty trying to cheat

at one point he spends 5 minutes looking under the ring and it gets so bad that dalton had to get out fo the ring, just to fight him briefly so he could get stunned and marty could continue to look

marty grabs a bag of powder,but dalton hits him, casuing a backfire with the powder to fly into martys face

the ref sees all of this and backs dalton off instead of letting him wrestle the blinded marty

marty in a blind rage grabs the refs hand and does his finger breaking spots because he has to get his poo poo in and they've completely and utterly lost the crowd at this point

dalton then beats up marty hits something, but when the ref goes to count the pin, he slaps with his injured hand and screams in pain forgetting that he has another hand

so then we get more stalling and more interefence and poo poo and a second ref comes down and its just a boring lovely match and then eventually dalton hits a flash bangarang and gets the pin and then kaiju starts up which is about a thousand times better because daisuke sekimoto is on the show

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How did Cody beat Kenny?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How did Cody beat Kenny?

Ref bump, Young Bucks came down, they were gearing up to Superkick somebody, there was some tension on who it was gonna be before it became clear it was Cody. They went to Superkick him, he collapsed out of the way, they hit Kenny instead, Cody grabbed Kenny, hit the Crossrhodes for the pin.

The Bucks just stood there, totally gobsmacked after they accidentally hit Kenny, for some reason instead of trying to help the guy they'd just accidentally kicked.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Ref bump, Young Bucks came down, they were gearing up to Superkick somebody, there was some tension on who it was gonna be before it became clear it was Cody. They went to Superkick him, he collapsed out of the way, they hit Kenny instead, Cody grabbed Kenny, hit the Crossrhodes for the pin.

The Bucks just stood there, totally gobsmacked after they accidentally hit Kenny, for some reason instead of trying to help the guy they'd just accidentally kicked.

LMAO.

That's dumber than any WWE finish I can remember on a high profile show in years.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

LMAO.

That's dumber than any WWE finish I can remember on a high profile show in years.

Yeah. It was super dumb and beneath everybody involved. RoH should probably not be trusted with handling major NJPW angles in the future.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

LMAO.

Not even the dumbest part of this show tbh.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Baron Corbyn posted:

Not even the dumbest part of this show tbh.

That's... really bad.

Like Mania 32 was atrocious in terms of being spitefully booked but I don't remember the finishes being dumb in kayfabe as well.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

VJeff posted:

Yeah. It was super dumb and beneath everybody involved. RoH should probably not be trusted with handling major NJPW angles in the future.

To be fair.

Maybe ROH is the TNA to New Japan's WWE. People can watch ROH, go "oh my god this is so stupid I just want something like this but without the bullshit" and New Japan strolls up and goes "Hey buddy have I got something for you!"

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

ROH in it's prime to me is Bryan, Owens, Rollins et al who will rock tonight at Wrestlemania. I'm not sure if this helps the analogy thing.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
THEY LET CODY BEAT KENNY? loving glad I didn't give them my money.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It was ROH booking the show, I'm surprised anyone came in expecting anything but Cody winning

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

It was ROH booking the show, I'm surprised anyone came in expecting anything but Cody winning

Cody winning has been both the obvious and correct outcome since NJPW released the Dontaku cards revealing that this feud would keep going. It was everything else about this show that was bollocks.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Baron Corbyn posted:

Cody winning has been both the obvious and correct outcome since NJPW released the Dontaku cards revealing that this feud would keep going. It was everything else about this show that was bollocks.

Sorry, let me rephrase.

THEY LET CODY WIN WITH THAT DUMBASS BOOKING?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

VJeff posted:

WWE is still trying to push Roman Reigns as their top guy

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

Sorry, let me rephrase.

THEY LET CODY WIN WITH THAT DUMBASS BOOKING?

I think the execution was worse than the booking. If it had been more like: Bucks superkick Kenny. They tend to him, he flips out at them and pushes Matt again. Cross Rhodes, Cody wins. That would have accomplished what they were trying to do without making the Bucks look like morons and given them a reason to still be with Cody.

Davros1 posted:

WWE is still trying to push Roman Reigns as their top guy

Huh?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I was at the show, and when Buubba Ray said the problem with wrestling was " Your Kind" every one in the crowd thought he was about to go full Kkkramer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Who is booking ROH anyway? Is it Delirious still?

Cornette is vindicated. :colbert:

• Locked thread