Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I was at the show, and when Buubba Ray said the problem with wrestling was " Your Kind" every one in the crowd thought he was about to go full Kkkramer

Yeah, the reaction came across on TV. Sounded like you were all sucking air through your teeth at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Was anyone interfering on behalf of Cody for the Bucks to need to interfere in the first place?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Strawberry Panda posted:

Was anyone interfering on behalf of Cody for the Bucks to need to interfere in the first place?

the bear got his head taken off and was ejected almost immediately, Brandi was doing some minor stuff at best (distracting the ref or slapping Kenny) but she went through a table and went to the back well before the Bucks came out

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Can New Japan just find a new American partner? Because it feels like without NJPW propping them up ROH would die and then WWE can buy the archive and upload the good poo poo to the Network so I can finally get rid of my ROH DVD's.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

Can New Japan just find a new American partner? Because it feels like without NJPW propping them up ROH would die and then WWE can buy the archive and upload the good poo poo to the Network so I can finally get rid of my ROH DVD's.

Who would they go to? TNA is a bad idea. PWG is too small I’d imagine.

NJPW would be just fine on their own I think.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fart blood posted:

Who would they go to? TNA is a bad idea. PWG is too small I’d imagine.

NJPW would be just fine on their own I think.

That'd also work. I was more thinking about young boys on excursion but I suppose ROH hasn't done a particular good job with them. But finding somewhere they can work often enough to get valuable ring time while working on their English which New Japan seems to encourage isn't easy without turning them into Chris Hero/Colt Cabana types who just go wherever there's a booking.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

they can send the young boys to RevPro so they can learn the Queen's English

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Sinclair's got ROH, ROH won't die even if it never really expands in terms of production value/budget, acceptance, or competence

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

I think it's more likely that New Japan just goes it alone in the states especially if they can keep drawing like they did for SSE. They can always use CMLL for excursions anyway since that's probably a better place to learn how to work

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
RoH is doing about as well as could be expected given that nearly every good wrestler on earth is signed by NJPW or NXT now

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Strawberry Panda posted:

THEY LET CODY BEAT KENNY? loving glad I didn't give them my money.

with the slowest count of all time

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

RoH is doing about as well as could be expected given that nearly every good wrestler on earth is signed by NJPW or NXT now

With generating buzz and maintaining a fairly steady core audience? I'd agree. They also manage to piss away momentum with horrid booking pretty regularly though. They really are like WWE!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Really the only issue with ROH is delirious

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

sportsgenius86 posted:

Really the only issue with ROH is delirious

anyone who thinks roh is good is delirious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

MotU posted:

anyone who thinks roh is good is delirious

Yes, Delirious is the only person who thinks ROH is good.

• Locked thread