Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
I once unthreaded a plug like that on a manual transmission car, heard a “thunk” noise when I took it out. Refilled the oil, tried to back out of the hoist, no reverse. Or 1st. poo poo. Raised car, realized the drain and “fill” were different (hex vs torx)

Turns out the clunk was a shift fork or something not being held in place anymore and falling in. Drove the car with no reverse and a few forward gears missing until I had time to pull the trans and get it reassembled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread