Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

hey maybe don't double down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I guess it's cool if you want to support Ienaga but uhhhh

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's not support for Ienaga but maybe be open to other people's read on a character instead of just trying to shut them down.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Everything Burrito posted:

It's not support for Ienaga but maybe be open to other people's read on a character instead of just trying to shut them down.

Ienaga is not trans, and is a literal super murdering predator

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

SmokaDustbowl posted:

Ienaga is not trans, and is a literal super murdering predator

explain your take so we can see where you're getting that, like maybe refer to the text some or something

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

explain your take so we can see where you're getting that, like maybe refer to the text some or something

the character is a literal super murder predator

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the character is a literal super murder predator

that's not the part being disputed my dude

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

that's not the part being disputed my dude

yes it is, and you fell for it

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:thunk:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
ienaga is the the worst

if you'd like to stand on that hill feel free but lol

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

I smell a MOD CHALLENGE!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Crain posted:

I smell a MOD CHALLENGE!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

all i smell is osoma, and not the hinna kind

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

SmokaDustbowl posted:

ienaga is the the worst

if you'd like to stand on that hill feel free but lol

Please do not post like this, thank you.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/KamuyCentral/status/920679215644663810 thread :3:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Ienaga is cool and good.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Still wearing your uniform after you get out is extremely shameful.

If Sugimoto was 100 years in the future he'd spend all his time making posts on the internet starting with AS A VETERAN,

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
On the other hand, they're probably more comfortable, durable and stylish than anything he could afford on his own so there's no reason not to keep using them since there's no high street fashion peddling anything you could want for less than a packet of crisps in that time period.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also holy crap if poo poo gets cold in Tokyo during winter, I can only imagine Hokkaido winters being 4 times colder.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

A big part of kamuy is that everybody is a bad person of some sort but everybody is treated with respect, care, and often a genuine fondness, even murderers.

It's used to comedic effect but everybody is part of a very wierd and very dysfunctional family.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

That's two bits, please.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

A big part of kamuy is that everybody is a bad person of some sort but everybody is treated with respect, care, and often a genuine fondness, even murderers.

It's used to comedic effect but everybody is part of a very wierd and very dysfunctional family.

It's a series where a serial murderer wanting the protagonist to kill him is treated as romantic.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jul 5, 2018

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Fister Roboto posted:

Still wearing your uniform after you get out is extremely shameful.

If Sugimoto was 100 years in the future he'd spend all his time making posts on the internet starting with AS A VETERAN,

I figured it's more like how a down on his luck Vietnam vet would keep wearing his BDUs as street clothes for the same reasoning that tsob has. Sugimoto isn't enamored with the military at all. He joined up for reasons other than "God and Country!".

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Sugimoto started out the show pan-handling for gold and his goal is to raise cash so he can help his dead buddies' family; he really doesn't come off as someone with spare cash to flush away on anything. In fact, beyond explosives, has Sugimoto actually spent money on anything in the show?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

tsob posted:

Sugimoto started out the show pan-handling for gold and his goal is to raise cash so he can help his dead buddies' family; he really doesn't come off as someone with spare cash to flush away on anything. In fact, beyond explosives, has Sugimoto actually spent money on anything in the show?

Beyond assumed costs of meals on the rare times they eat in a restaurant, not really.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
---- S E A S O N --- T W O --- B I T C H E S ----

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I should probably finish watching S1 at some point tho lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Still working on S1 watch; I was kinda glad that the bit where the guy gets his face wiped off by the bear was mostly offscreen, I'd forgotten about that but it was rough in the manga.

e: although that did leave it mostly up to my imagination and remembering that scene so that was possibly worse :x

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
You get a nice close up of him with his face hanging off iirc.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zerilan posted:

You get a nice close up of him with his face hanging off iirc.

oh yeah I mean there is no mistake what happens but iirc in the manga that's also accompanied by at least one panel of what's left behind of his head

bears will gently caress you up

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ANN did a spotlight in case anyone needs a reminder of who all the characters are
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anime-spotlight/2018/fall/golden-kamuy-2/.137419

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/namimi_sanjyo/status/1049134230750474241

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/namimi_sanjyo/status/1049296368785715200

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
*whew* the Henmi episodes
could have used more of Sugimoto stripping down tho I was a little bummed they didn't go with the Shiraishi-face censor for that lol (at least it showed up later lmao)

anyway ep13 is up!!

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 8, 2018

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
It was a bit odd to have two Psycho/Silence of the Lambs pastiche episodes so close together, but they ended up going in pretty different directions. I like that, despite all the serial-killer tropes, Edogai doesn't seem to have actually killed anyone. I also liked that he introduced a new twist to the tattooed skins plot instead of being just a throwaway villain.

It turns out the kitsune fortuneteller isn't just a character of the week either. Not sure how I feel about having her around in a story that previously didn't have anything so overtly supernatural.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
to be fair there were two pretty substantial arcs that got skipped over between Murder Hotel and Edogai so they shouldn't really be so close together; one of them is covered in the ova so I hope the other one will get the same treatment because it has the best couple

I think Inkarmat's supernatural-ness is still very much in question, which is one of the neat things about her character imo

anyway I'm excited because there isn't much left of the parts I've read so most of this season will be new material for me :toot:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 9, 2018

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Silver2195 posted:

I like that, despite all the serial-killer tropes, Edogai doesn't seem to have actually killed anyone.
He clearly shot his mother in cold blood. :colbert:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Goddamn that was an A++ episode.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
a fun episode! there was a lot happening but lmao at the spread at the end I'm so glad they showed the whole thing

I was hoping the show was going to lean into the weird humor the story takes on as it goes along, like yeah there's a lot of action and adventure but there is also just some really funny stuff and lots of references to like art and movies so I'm glad that's not being left out.

e: manga panels in this but some stuff to look out for perhaps?
https://twitter.com/KamuyCentral/status/909394073835802624

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

e: manga panels in this but some stuff to look out for perhaps?
https://twitter.com/KamuyCentral/status/909394073835802624

You're in for a treat