Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

what are bears
A creature from which you waste nothing of. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'll make a bear out of you all!

Sung as this one particular Disney ditty

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They could just go with the Gintama approach:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Man, screw that. First, we need Bruno's fabulous Boy Band of GangStars, which is to be followed by Jolyne and her ruffian-harem to then get into Funky Bill and Grumpy Ted's Excellent Cross Country Adventure. All JoJos or NO JoJos! :colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't Pine Jam's first proper anime Gamers!? That was a pretty good anime.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
While I lament some of the less-than-stellar faces, the episode wasn't a complete dumpster fire: Sugimoto vs Ogata was brief but intense and the smaller moments (Sugimoto thumb-punching a fool and Sugimoto + Shiraishi fighting the hypothermia).

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

thus far the anime just makes me want to read the manga again instead
But yeah, kinda not feeling it yet. Though I cannot wait to hear Jouji motherfucking Nakata as Ol' Baragaki. :black101:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's less than awesome. :ohdear:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ccs posted:

I'm going to hazard a guess the artist of this manga is not a straight man.
Eh, male mangaka making manly eye-candy catering to the ladies is that unheard of. While Shun Saeki (the dude in charge of Shokugeki no Soma's art) does a lot of cheesecake fanservice with women, also draws some really pretty boys / beautiful men.

Among them is Isshiki-senpai:

:swoon:

Also, Tanigaki is very hot. :kimchi:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:yeah: A few H artists made the transition well to more mainstream stuff. Maybe/Meibii made the transition better with Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and one of his latest stories, The Tale of the Wedding Rings (which is actually being translated officially by Crunchyroll :eng101:) is probably my favorite serious "Isekai" manga/novel.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Everything Burrito posted:

lol

I want to know what that show was
My guess? Probably Gintama. Or the boondocks.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno: Like, you can make a case that there's something deeply wrong with her (kinda spoilery but I actually recall Ienaga properly identifying as female in the manga?), but I think the point is less that Ienaga's creepy because of being a transwoman and more that she's very... um, Mengele-esque about her methods.

Mamiko Noto as Inkarmat is something I never knew I wanted, btw. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean yeah, it could've been handled way better, but I think the anime did a slightly better job, all in all. It also helps that Sayaka Oohara knocked it out of the park as Ienaga.

I had my misgivings with this adaptation, what with the CG bears, but goddammit, you can't help but to get hyped up when crazy poo poo keeps happening. Ushiyama and his crazy Judo feats never get old.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

no professor penis, no sale golden kamuy anime. that's my line in the sand
:sadwave:

I really hope there's a second season.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also holy crap if poo poo gets cold in Tokyo during winter, I can only imagine Hokkaido winters being 4 times colder.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That is indeed really cool. :3:

Also, I hope GK does something similar to other manga and helps spread Ainu to more peeps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's really loving cool!