Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

I love this anime so much, shame it doesn't get more recognition.

Manga readers - is this likely to be the last season? I don't think I can wait for season 5 so I might just read the manga if not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Things got really real at the end of the last episode.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

I meant the conversation with Asiripa at the end of episode 41, but that's true as well.

I love this show so much but them still doing prisoner-of-the-week sometimes makes me want to wait till the season is over and then watch it all in a row.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

TBH it touches on relevant subjects more than any anime I've seen. At least more than those that aren't about personal life.

Definitely made me go and research more about Ainu and the other indigenous people in Russia and elsewhere.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Was the latest episode outsourced? It was the worst looking episode in the entire series.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Sorry for the no new golden kamuy info bump but apparently, Golden Kamuy's author previous manga Supinamarada (terrible name) is being relaunched next year.

I read it till it was cancelled. It was a pretty darn good sports manga, and the setting in Hokkaido gave it some novelty, so I'm really excited to read this.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/da...ng-2023/.191890

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Friendly reminder that the show is back on this week with new episodes.

The new episode was a bit dire animation quality wise. I hope this doesn't continue throughout the rest of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

https://youtu.be/qR9v9rcNrYQ?si=KQu8_YRcu1QWuWUl

A live action film is coming out this week. Unfortunately like most live action anime adaptation it looks awful. Overacted, bad costumes and the vibe looks way off.

It's a shame because I think that this is a kind of show which could be adapted to a decent film. Not that many fantastical elements, and if you cut a few characters (and cooking scenes) you can make a decent trilogy of films. Maybe they'll surprise me but I doubt it.