Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
For those of you who don't know, the sandwich came to be because of some duke who liked to play cards. He wanted a way to stuff his face without getting the cards all greasy, so he invented the sandwich that we know and love today. He also probably had a gambling problem.

This is an inclusive thread, so if you have any food you shove inside some bread to eat, such as sausage or burgers, consider it welcomed.

-------------------------------------------

I'm a huge fan of the reuben. It's a perfect balance of savory, sweet, and acidity - with an excellent contrast of textures. Throw in some nice thick cut steak fries and you really can't go wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Sourdough Supremacy

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Reuben is the best sandwich yea

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah, reubens own.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
I like reubens on sourdough rather than rye TBH

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Anything Subway, because Jared inspired me to lose weight.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like Banh Mi sandwiches. There's a place near me that makes them with marinated turkey and ham and it's pretty loving good.

Aside from that, any sandwich with beef in them is a good start.

also I swear to god, I will personally try to get the first rear end in a top hat who smugly says "pizza" swatted. Enjoy sucking the barrel of a MP5 while officer powertrip breaks your knees fucknut

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Reubens are meh

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Sandwich this afternoon for me:

Tuna Salad Sandwich:
tuna, red onion, mayo, avocado
cucumba thinly sliced
some fresh spinach
slightly melty monterey jack on sourdough to get a little pattie melt vibe going

hell yea

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I prefer a good Italian or BLT. Pastrami if I wanna get some hot meats.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
The widely accepted entomology of the "word" sandwich has been largely discredited1. Furthermore *fart sound of infinite length*

1 Susie Dent, "Countdown"

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
A good steak and cheese with peppers + onions can really hit the spot too, if you can't get a Reuben.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
i got reuban ingredients the other week but was too cheap to get rye so i got wraps instead and had reuban wraps

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

red onion is the king of sandwich fillings, it must be present in all potential sandwiches

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Pastoral used to have a sandwich that was pimento cheese, cornichons, red onions and celery on a sourdough baguette. I ate it so much that they had to discontinue it to keep me away

china bot fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 9, 2018

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Worldshatter posted:

red onion is the king of sandwich fillings, it must be present in all potential sandwiches

Raw onions are way too assertive to me, they drown out the other flavors. I know where you're coming from - but I would so much rather them not be there, or be cooked down. I will pick raw onions off any sandwich or burger I am served.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
BLT may not be the best sandwich ever, but if its not in your top 3 you have wrong opinions.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Worldshatter posted:

any sandwich without dill pickles is garbage imho

cheesesteaks and reuben/pastrami excepted

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Cubans are good too

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i like pickles but not on burgers or sandwiches, too dominant

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Chinatown posted:

any sandwich without dill pickles is garbage imho

cheesesteaks and reuben/pastrami excepted

Even sandwiches that can't directly work the pickle into the sandwich will have it on the side. That's how good those are with sandwiches.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Guildenstern Mother posted:

BLT may not be the best sandwich ever, but if its not in your top 3 you have wrong opinions.

1) [large retailer (weirdly processed)] Cheese & Onion
2) Prawn Mayo
3) Sausage, bacon and tomato (with {lifehack} extra brown sauce)

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
Peanut butter sandwich, no jelly, just PB and bread. Delicious!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

not really a fan op been watching my macros very closely so i would prefer a salad with some tuna or chicken breast on it thank you

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Peetown Manning posted:

i like pickles but not on burgers or sandwiches, too dominant

I like them on sandwiches but not burgers, and only certain sandwiches. Those lovely dill chips you get at fast food places are fuckin nasty all the time tho. Best sandwich for pickle is a chicago dog

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
behold:

the greatest reuben I ever had in my life:

Made by someone who enjoyed making it a little too much and made me slightly uncomfortable about it.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Renegret posted:

behold:

the greatest reuben I ever had in my life:

Made by someone who enjoyed making it a little too much and made me slightly uncomfortable about it.

That cum in the top center isn't very appetizing

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Blue Train posted:

but that's the best part?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
what about sandwich shops?
anybody heard of subway? drove into town one afternoon and saw there was one connected to the new gas station. the bread smelled good!

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

lol but seriously I posted:

1) [large retailer (weirdly processed)] Cheese & Onion
2) Prawn Mayo
3) Sausage, bacon and tomato (with {lifehack} extra brown sauce)

Well see now you're just proving my point

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Blue Train posted:

That's melted swiss / Russian goodness.

Also it looks like they took 1/2 of the entire brisket to make the one sandwich.

I'm in love.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

oh thi sreminds me i had a philly from geno's a few weeks ago and it was really good

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Hannah's Bretzel makes a fantastic sandwich with serrano ham, goat cheese, arugula, and asparagus on a pretzel baguette. I spend all my money on food :btroll:

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Well see now you're just proving my point

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1377896/30-years-favourite-sandwich-prawn.html

Prawn Mayo is the most popular s/which in the land of class (england) so if it's not in your top 3 you're objectively wrong.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1377896/30-years-favourite-sandwich-prawn.html

Prawn Mayo is the most popular s/which in the land of class (england) so if it's not in your top 3 you're objectively wrong.

Your first entry on that list sounded suspiciously like a subway

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Peetown Manning posted:

what about sandwich shops?
anybody heard of subway? drove into town one afternoon and saw there was one connected to the new gas station. the bread smelled good!

Subway's not bad, and the bread does smell good, but no other fast food place makes you so disappointed to see the final product as compared to the advertising. All fast food is guilty of this, but Subway is just so drat noticeable:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Quiznos is better

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Prawn Mayo is the most popular s/which in the land of class Mad Cow Disease beef restrictions (england) so if it's not in your top 3 you're objectively wrong.

They have those in the South and they call them "poor boy's"

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

If you don't risk prion diseases with every meal then your a "loving pussy" IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Reubens are great when done very well.
That one shown above has too much meat.

Then again I say that about a ton of burgs and stuff too. I hate the whole "you can't HAVE too much meat! I'm a MAN!" Type poo poo that people do.

It's not always that. But a drat lot of it is.

Gimme a good ratio, specially on a Reuben. Like an almost 1:1 kraut to meat here. Maybe a bit more meat than that.

• Locked thread