Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

want to make chili cheesedog sandwiches tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

numberoneposter posted:

:holymoley:

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

lol but seriously I posted:

That's legitimately interesting to to know in my sad gently caress opinion.

Source: http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/basics/prions/

For the past few months I've been working my way into a meatless diet (just fish and seafood, eggs, and dairy plus veg.) Partly it's because of a history of early death from coronary artery disease among the men on both sides of my family, but also because I have some UK relatives and everything I've learned about Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease scares the hell out of me.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Rate my toastie filling:

Cheddar, parmesan, finely chopped red onion, minced garlic, chopped spring onion

Tastes so good.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The loving obvious truth about sandwiches is that the humble BLT sandwich is the best sandwich.

The problem is that you need excellent bacon and excellent tomatoes. You can buy one with money, the other can be hard to get depending on a bunch of factors, even if you are in the right season.

But when a BLT comes together it's loving beautiful.

Second place: possibly banh mi

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Gridlocked posted:

Rate my toastie filling:

Cheddar, parmesan, finely chopped red onion, minced garlic, chopped spring onion

Tastes so good.

where's the meat

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
tahini, tomato herb salt (soft bread)

butter (crisp bread)

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

Reubens are great when done very well.
That one shown above has too much meat.

Then again I say that about a ton of burgs and stuff too. I hate the whole "you can't HAVE too much meat! I'm a MAN!" Type poo poo that people do.

It's not always that. But a drat lot of it is.

Gimme a good ratio, specially on a Reuben. Like an almost 1:1 kraut to meat here. Maybe a bit more meat than that.

more like moderate beef city

feller
Jul 5, 2006

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I like hamburger sandwiches

i've been eating a lot of chickenburger sandwiches lately, i hear they're better for you

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I went to Arby’s today for the first time in over a decade. I ordered a Texas Brisket sandwich and it was... pretty okay? :shrug:

This might be the first time I’ve ever eaten at Arby’s and not been horribly disappointed. I kinda wanna try a reuben now, even though I hate sauerkraut.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I went to Arby’s today for the first time in over a decade. I ordered a Texas Brisket sandwich and it was... pretty okay? :shrug:

This might be the first time I’ve ever eaten at Arby’s and not been horribly disappointed. I kinda wanna try a reuben now, even though I hate sauerkraut.

stick to the roast beef, imo arbys is p good

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I like Brown Sugar Poptarts, now that's a good sandwich.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Ham sandwich. Which I call a Hamwhich.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Sandwich is a town in my home state of massachusetts. This is where the tasty food was invented.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Senor Dog posted:

more like moderate beef city

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Hector Beerlioz posted:

where's the meat

Wouldn't you like to know.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

Reubens are great when done very well.
That one shown above has too much meat.

Then again I say that about a ton of burgs and stuff too. I hate the whole "you can't HAVE too much meat! I'm a MAN!" Type poo poo that people do.

It's not always that. But a drat lot of it is.

Gimme a good ratio, specially on a Reuben. Like an almost 1:1 kraut to meat here. Maybe a bit more meat than that.

i agree that too large of a patty on a burger is a mistake but also i disagree that there is too much meat on the pictured reuben sandwich. a deli sandwich of corned beef or pastrami should be piled with tons of meat that's how it's supposed to be and it's better that way. also you're a jew hating nazi if you think this.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Gridlocked posted:

Wouldn't you like to know.

dont meat tease me

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
people who put sweet pickles on sandwiches should be stoned to death imho

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

sweet pickles should never have existed

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hell Yeah posted:

sweet pickles should never have existed

It's a legit conspiracy facilitated by BIG CORN.

http://blackbag.gawker.com/the-great-relish-mystery-1693818896

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i look at a jar of sweet pickles and sigh deeply and wonder why?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's just not right

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Is Fig Newton sandwich now? Is Ritz Bits? Is Blow pop!?

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

I prefer the Fig Leibniz

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

big league chew is a sandwich and the bread is your teeth

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

everything is a sandwich.
nothing is a sandwich.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

That sounds really loving good right now.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
is this the new thread about Eating Fresh™?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

numberoneposter posted:

I want to make this:

https://biggreenegg.com/recipes/bacon-cheeseburger-hotdogs/

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

My life is a sandwich and non-existance is the bread

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

i own a big green egg and it is great, if arguably overpriced, but lol if i would fire it up to cook a handful of loving hot dogs

maybe that is my laziness speaking but whatever. i get it, it's a website for recipes for the specific grill but still lol.

as far as the recipe whatever it looks fine. hard to hate on it, it's basically bacon and cheese and poo poo. i might take out the ketchup, at least for myself, because ketchup is garbage.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

here is another overly complicated hot dog recipe from our lord and savory himself

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/danger-dogs-with-spicy-fruit-relish-2371798

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

here is another overly complicated hot dog recipe from our lord and savory himself

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/danger-dogs-with-spicy-fruit-relish-2371798

I love hot dogs. No homo.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Senor Dog posted:

i've been eating a lot of chickenburger sandwiches lately, i hear they're better for you

Can't be worse than turkeyburgers. Those things suck

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jikes posted:

For the past few months I've been working my way into a meatless diet (just fish and seafood, eggs, and dairy plus veg.) Partly it's because of a history of early death from coronary artery disease among the men on both sides of my family, but also because I have some UK relatives and everything I've learned about Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease scares the hell out of me.

Fish aren’t vegetables, chief.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Your best move to reduce CAD is probably to eat more fiber and reduce simple carbs without fiber

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

numberoneposter posted:

lol mango and pineapple on a hot dog get out of here. how is this real

reads closer: oh, food network and guy fieri. got it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Salty Josh posted:

I love hot dogs. No homo.

A real spicy fruit iykwim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The best hot dog is nuked for 30 seconds in a dirty microwave directly on the glass spinny thing, then drunkenly transferred to a slice of white bread, covered in Taco Bell Fire sauce and yellow mustard, and eaten as you walk to your room before passing out.

• Locked thread