Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Joe Mama posted:

The Lizard Skin after all the coats have been applied. I watered down the final coat a bit to get the softer texture and it seems to have been a success, especially on the roof.

That looks really good, I have to keep that stuff in mind. My last/current paint job turned out poo poo enough I'm going to wet sand and wrap it instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Caterham/Locost 7 is a LOT of fun on track while still being street legal if you want. Spec Racers of various forms are a good option for resale and if you ever decide to go racing wheel to wheel. Spec Racer Fords are very easy to drive and have large classes all over, same for spec miata/e30/e46/etc.

One consideration is what's you're daily and/or tow vehicle? Part of the reason I went Formula Ford is with a light weight open trailer I could tow it with my daily driver if needed. Then I sold that DD and bought one that can't tow it and I'm upgrading to an enclosed trailer....

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Joe Mama posted:

I have a GMC Sierra so no problem there. I need a trailer narrower than a normal car hauler though because I have to be able to get it through my attached 1 car garage into the back yard. I'm leaning towards spec miata or spec Ford. There's an SRF in my area for $12k because it's a gen 2. Be great to mess with and cheap to engine swap or something. If I felt like running SRF it would cost $14k to upgrade. Miata is a cheap, well known quantity though.

I'm not 100% but I think there's still a pretty good amount of people running SRF2 alongside the gen 3 cars. They're slower by a bit but the gen 2s have good racing between them, my Dad rented one for a SCCA race couple months ago and had a great time. I did my competition school in a SRF2, in the rain, and it was great. Not sure what region you're in but if you're Midwest or South East you could look at renting one for a weekend, friend of ours runs SRG Autosport (https://www.facebook.com/srgautosport)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Joe Mama posted:

I wasn't planning on resurrecting this dead thread but I just had to put this out there. I met Randy Pobst at Thunderhill and he posted an IG story geeking out on the Volkzda!
https://instagram.com/stories/randypobst/2917710804041082243?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

IOwnCalculus posted:

That is loving awesome.
/\/\/\ What he said