Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I have similar fitment on my f-250, although i run them through the winter and have a rock chukin tread, but it has basically sandblasted the inside lip of my fenders. Trucks with factory 20s get those barely noticeable plastic fender flares. If it was me, i'd just get a roll of that 3m clear film, and run it round the painted portion of the inner fender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Can you get away without a notch with a flip kit on that thing?

With the state of the city's roads, you might want a hydraulic bump stop or something, too. I drove up 178th the other day, which is to say i drove up what's left of 178th.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That looks loving amazing, but your air dam is not long for this world.

some FX-4 skidplates might also be on the bill.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Around here the problem isn't the snow, it's what's under it.

I'm curious though, did the kit include shims to correct the driveline angle?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

I would like to dedicate this post as a gently caress you to the current weather. It has been below -25C for over two weeks now and it is simply to cold for me to complete any work in my garage. My 1500W heater and full garage wall and door insulation cannot keep up.

I found a trailer battery box that I can make work for $20. All hurdles are eliminated, expect for my lack of sufficient heat.

Once it warms up (whenever that will be), more progress.

Day 7 Is +1*c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDvqQKGgDA

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

I've also been brain storming ideas on side stripes. 80's/90's colour schemes of teals, purples and pinks.

Top of the list right now is this:

Except,
Black -> Satin Purple
Blue -> Gloss Metallic Teal
Top empty area -> Fluorescent Pink

I'm out of practice and fighting gimp but i gave it a shot.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 13, 2021

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I couldn’t find, are you running any kind of different bump stops for towing with the flip kit?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm the DSG LOL plate on the VW.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You might need to add some engine to your turbo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

PBCrunch posted:

Why seal the tail lights? Wouldn't it save a lot of stress to just put a little hole in the bottom and let the water drain out?

tail lights generally do have vents, but unless you stop tons of water from getting in, you'll have condensation.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can't imagine a rotary would enjoy water/methanol injection, huh.

That's the diesel quick fix for EGTs

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A gas turbine with a rotary power-adder?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I saw this and thought of you.

https://allenbolson.nextlot.com/auctions/1519094/lots/21581841

Might be good for some cheap spares if you have somewhere to store stuff.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

Right, so updates. The AutoX season is now officially over and apparently there are "trophies".

Congrats, but you think they would have something more polite that "slow class"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Going to Grande Prairie is almost never a good idea. Worth it for the awesome poster though.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm assuming for the RX8?

Those should look pretty good.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That’s not bad compared to what track days cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Not a bad way to spend ten thousand dollars yen