Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Have you read about the Speesource RX-8's - the factory intake is tuned so well that they left it stock on their track cars. It's made me question CAI's on 8's ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

destructo posted:

It's not terribly surprising that Mazda can't make rotaries anymore when you look at the size of "modern" RX cats. The main cat on the FD is ~35lbs and the precat was ~25.

And worth approx $500 in scrap combined when platinum was high. I believe I sold ~3-4 cats and 2 pre cats for $1200.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Good color choice.

What issue did you have with Amsoil? I've only ran Redline MTL after several bad experiences with Royal Purple.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

McTinkerson posted:

Yeah, I still can't believe that Mazda did this. I mean, I'm glad they did.

Also,

It's me.

I’m the spicy Dorito noises.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Two words: Hood Mounted.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

McTinkerson posted:

Hard to tell from this picture but every single spring has mm's of free play in every direction. :psyduck:

Brings a whole new meaning to "smoooooth clutch engagement" doesn't it? How many new fillings do you need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

McTinkerson posted:

Buy a 2009-2012 non R3 sub model.
Have the engine compression tested (with the coolant/engine as hot as possible) and make sure the compression is above 90+ psi on all rotor faces (corrected for altitude).

Do not buy a 2008 or older RX-8 PERIOD.

Best advice.