Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol get hosed mourinho hahshahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Did west brom just give city the title? Lmao

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Gigi Galli posted:

They even sang for City :allears:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/oilysailor/status/985563924471967744

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Is this the thread to Lol at the defending B-tier european champions that can't beat a mid to low table club at home with a billion pound strike force.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Gigi Galli posted:

The ultimate bogey team move,

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

CyberPingu posted:

Is this the thread to Lol at the defending B-tier european champions that can't beat a mid to low table club at home with a billion pound strike force.

It's also the thread to laugh at the manager complaining about City's spending when his own team couldn't beat the bottom team at home.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

pik_d posted:

It's also the thread to laugh at the manager complaining about City's spending when his own team couldn't beat the bottom team at home.

Hasn't Mourinhos entire career after Porto been at clubs that spent poo poo loads of money on players?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Well done City. Bloody hell we must be the worst runners up in history (assuming we finish runner up....) :negative:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

Hasn't Mourinhos entire career after Porto been at clubs that spent poo poo loads of money on players?

I don't think Inter spent a ridiculous amount. But they were runaway league leaders for half a decade since they were the only big team to not be involved in calciopoli.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
That was anticlimactic

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't think Inter spent a ridiculous amount. But they were runaway league leaders for half a decade since they were the only big team to not be involved in calciopoli.

they were involved, they just weren't punished

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

they were involved, they just weren't punished

Right lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

julian assflange posted:

Well done City. Bloody hell we must be the worst runners up in history (assuming we finish runner up....) :negative:

United are scum and trash

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did mou meltdown yet?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Almost as good as winning the title in the derby would have been. Pooshited.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
gently caress man u lol

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Just popping in to laugh at the poochester pooniteds.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://mobile.twitter.com/mancity/status/985561267329957888?s=21

Spicy

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Good lord... They have had 6 months to come up with a good title winning image and that's the best they could do?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
it looks like KDB has two right hands

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Turns out it was Alan pardews fault all along

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CyberPingu posted:

Good lord... They have had 6 months to come up with a good title winning image and that's the best they could do?

Tbf if they had won it while they were playing they probably would have used a photo of the celebration or something.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I’m glad the black man who will be replaced as soon as a non-black person walks in the door is doing okay at West Brom

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

julian assflange posted:

I’m glad the black man who will be replaced as soon as a non-black person walks in the door is doing okay at West Brom

he's a big time west brom man and if he does well i wouldnt be surprised if he gets a shot in the championship like hughton

he'd be on peanuts for wages so that would fit well since west brom have no money

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It would be a lot easier to respect Mourinho if he was capable of throwing up his hands and owning up to getting it wrong occasionally. Like for instance, if he were to line up fairly defensively against loving West Brom at home, and trying to cross in the ball time after time after time against a packed defense who were happy to sit back and defend for 90 minutes. Nope, this time United lost because the players "played too complicated".

Jose posted:

Everything was complicated. Players that didn't want to or couldn't play simple.

Everything was slow, one more flick, trick, ball lost, no fluidity in our football.

Of course none of this has anything to do with his tactics or coaching, or him managing to gently caress up a squad of extremely talented and expensive attacking and creative players. It's just a pure coincidence that all his players look miserable and confused, and Henrikh Mkhitaryan gives an interview where he says he's overjoyed to be finally allowed to attack again, and to play for a team which isn't afraid of going forward.

Nope, it's all those dastardly players. Tune in next week to hear whose fault it will be then!

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 15, 2018

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat, looks like mourinho is a real oval office?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

oliwan posted:

drat, looks like mourinho is a real oval office?
Its a real shock to me. Its not as if we had more than a decade to understand how he operates.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
United lost to bottom side Wolves back when they were The Crap Invincibles, it happens. Jose is innocent

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Gigi Galli posted:

The spent a TON of money for the standards at the time
http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/12/moneys-too-tight-to-mention-at-inter.html?m=1

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I'd really like Mourinho to go away.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Conversely I would like Mourinho to be united manager forever

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
mourinho is the cuntiest manager, and united are the cuntiest club. they are perfect for each other and i don't understand why anyone would see it differently.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
how is this team second, what the hell was everyone else doing

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Been out all day can I get an update on the Manchester United Title Challenge

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I hope Mourinho never leaves. They play awful football, they buy players that are past it/disinterested while alienating those that care, and he whinges constantly and blames everyone else for his own tactical gently caress ups.

The best part though is seeing United supporters constantly making excuses for him "but but but we're going to finish 2nd which is a massive improvement". Yeah that's because he cocked it up so badly that he finished sixth last season.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
this is all great and as long as Spurs go to the CL and they finish above the Arse I will be glad

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Arnie is going to humiliate Stoke and I will probably be making all the faces tonight.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
2 bad teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
BERAHINO HAS JUST SCORED! for the u23s

• Locked thread