Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You missed some dialog with the mom after she came back from brewing tea. At least I think you missed it. I don't know when exactly the next set of mom-dialog appears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

cant cook creole bream posted:

You missed some dialog with the mom after she came back from brewing tea. At least I think you missed it. I don't know when exactly the next set of mom-dialog appears.

Yeah it’s the first thing in the next update. The next few updates are a bit patched together because I did the backtracking stuff first, but I’m not actually showing that off until after we get the next song.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 21 - When Kazuko Met Kisaburo

We've got three parts of the song, we're starting to get close to the end now!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 22 - Boy Meets Backtracking Again

We finish up a song, so let's wrap things up! This time, it's going to take two whole updates to do so as getting the pickaxe unlocks quite a few things. In return for no story content this update, have a video from laura's channel featuring the Monsieur.

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpY2jgjGdNBQ

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You have to think thoughts when you're editing so it basically is mind power if you think about it

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Given that the game has no combat, I'm not really sure what it could have other than fetch quests. I guess it could be filled with minigames, but I'm glad we didn't get that.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 23 - Boy Meets...The Leeble Protection Agency!?

We finish our post Kisaburo wrap up today! Tomorrow, we start the final story arc...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

Update 23 - Boy Meets...The Leeble Protection Agency!?

We finish our post Kisaburo wrap up today! Tomorrow, we start the final story arc...

The mom is the biggest nerd and I love that fact! There should be more geeky adults in fiction.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 24 - Sue Meets a Friend

Let's start the best arc in the game

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Good LP. Thanks for showing us the game.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Very abrupt but a cute ending. I'm glad it ends where it does and everything is perfect and sweet for Sue and Puchi forever.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Thank you for the LP! I am glad to have read it and really enjoyed the ending!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 25 - Puchi Meets the Lonely Tree

Oh look there's more! How did that happen?

......:smith:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

That was less :smith: than I thought it would be, at least.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Leraika posted:

That was less :smith: than I thought it would be, at least.

Well... remember that dog from Futurama?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 26 - Boy Meets the Stars

A little delayed today because...

:toot:Today is the 1 year anniversary of Rakuen!:toot:

Steam has the game on sale for 40% off and 53% off if you want to buy the soundtrack as well! That's $6 for the game and $9.34 for the bundle. It's not too late to buy the game and check it all out for yourself!Then come check out the rest of the LP please don't leave

In regards to today's update, it's also a party! The so hinted at Star Festival starts! It's a pretty cool segment that lets all the characters in the game come back for a bit, though I do wish this part were longer, it's understandable as to why it's not (that whole in development for 4 years thing.) If you're curious about this segment, Laura actually wrote about this part and the inspirations for it. It's pretty neat! Though make sure to read the update first to get the full context.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Puchi's all right and not waiting for Sue forever or hit by a car like I thought was going to happen :unsmith:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
If I ever want to get out of a conversation, I will just start a sentence and interrupt myself with "YOU HAVE EARS!!"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh man, Sue gets to see Puchi again :unsmith: I managed to miss that too. that is now my deepest gamer shame

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I don't know if it means much of anything, but I notice in terms of the doors letting us into people's head we've been Gemma's husband, Tony's daughter, Kisaburo's wife and Sue's dog. None of the actual patients, but the people closest to them. It's a nice little consistency.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 27 - Boy and Sue Build a Little World

:siren: :siren::siren::siren:

Sue's Little Worlds

:siren::siren::siren::siren:

Build a little world with me

(You really should watch the video.)

Once these walls were grey

But you made stars and skies and snowflakes

We found a rainbow everywhere

You made a place so we could hide away

And if you stay right by my side

We'll make it through the night
And you'll never have to feel alone again

So before it's time to leave...
...would you build a little world with me

Once this room was cold

But then I asked the sun to smile again

Our castle covered the expanse

With all the patches, pillows we could hold

And if I stay right by your side

And I'll never have to feel alone again

So before it's time to leave
would you build a little world with me

If you stay right by my side

And we'll never have to feel alone again

So before it's time to leave

would you build a little world with me

Sue posted:

Now it's time for me to leave...
I'm glad you built this little world...
...with me.

:smith:

Tirazon
Apr 28, 2014
Thank you for LP'ing this, I'm sobbing so hard after that last update. Least we managed to help Sue feel happy one last time.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
*indecipherable blubbering and crying*

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

They went and did it. :smith:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Well... she'll never have to feel alone again.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
notcryingjusttherainnotcryingjusttherainnotcryingjusttherain

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

that was mean and uncalled for

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Puchi is all alone again.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

well gently caress this game for saving it for when you were sure you were all clear

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 28 - A Mother's Greatest Fear

How will our boy deal with Sue's death?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh
the game keeps punching me in the kidneys, and now by explaining the hat.

The game is really good at trickling down information to the player.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I wondered, in the first chapters, what kind of ward we were in given the range of symptoms the patients showed.

It's palliative care, isn't it?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Please don't be a dying kid's fever dream

Well, you were close. :smith:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Tenebrais posted:

I wondered, in the first chapters, what kind of ward we were in given the range of symptoms the patients showed.

It's palliative care, isn't it?

That could be it. My guess was cancer ward, but gemma doesn't have cancer. Kisaburo clearly had a cancer somewhere that spread to his brain, as his notes mentioned metastases in the brain. Sue's disease is, I believe, unknown. I assumed cancer as well, but it could have been a genetic disease that reached a terminal state.

Regardless, remember this image from the first update?

I was really hoping no one looked into what this meant (and if anyone did, they didn't comment on it at least).

Wikipedia posted:

Carboplatin, sold under the trade name Paraplatin among others, is a chemotherapy medication used to treat a number of forms of cancer. This includes ovarian cancer, lung cancer, head and neck cancer, brain cancer, and neuroblastoma.

Wikipedia posted:

Pemetrexed (brand name Alimta) is a chemotherapy drug manufactured and marketed by Eli Lilly and Company. Its indications are the treatment of pleural mesothelioma and non-small cell lung cancer.

Pemetrexed is also recommended in combination with carboplatin for the first-line treatment of advanced non-small cell lung cancer.

vvv I'll comment on that after we see the next update.

really queer Christmas fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 12, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
To be honest, when I played the game, it kinda lost me around here. I figured out why the boy wears that hat a while earlier. And this (main-)story line felt a bit forced, while the political commentary was a bit on the nose. That being said, I am not a heartless monster. I actually got teary eyes when I was at the end of the previous update.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

At least the Hikaribana is an absolute unit

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 29 - A Mother's Longest Day

Happy Mother's Day.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So... the Boy's dad was working at Fukushima?

...drat.

Also, is that sequence like, Yami psychically pushing Mom away and her keeping walking forward?

Junpei fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 13, 2018

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 30 - Boy Meets World

It's time to say our goodbyes. Remember: no crying until the end.

Tomorrow will be a miscellaneous update containing a couple of minor things I'd want to point out or found interesting, Friday will be the ending.

Junpei posted:

Also, is that sequence like, Yami psychically pushing Mom away and her keeping walking forward?

It was impossible to gif and show off, but yes after Yami says ... and you see the screen light up- Mom gets pushed back further and further.

Also, I just saw this yesterday otherwise it would have been in Sunday's update. I can't link the source because it's got spoilers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

Remember: no crying until the end.

Don't tell me what to do.

• Locked thread