Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Oh my god the sapling and its feet are so cute, I love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Fantasy Racism clearly modeled after Specific Real World Racism but watered down to WE DON'T LIKE X leaves a bad taste in my mouth, so I can't say I'm really all that upset that this arc is over.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Like Clockwork posted:

Given some of the quotes I'm wondering if they wanted to imply some of the reasons for why people would feel that way without actually stating them. It fell really flat if that was the case, though, and honestly most (all?) fantasy racism allegories are real bad so even if it was somehow good (it's not) it'd have to fight against audience distaste.

Sure, they might have, but this probably wasn't the best background choice to make for a bland RACISM IS BAD statement (especially when the characters [as people have noted] aren't notably Japanese or Korean, and could, in fact, have been stand ins for any number of other groups).

It's like Romeo and Juliet, but the reason the Capulets hate the Montagues is because war crimes.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

cant cook creole bream posted:

I mean, you're not incorrect, but the way you phrased that makes it sound like Korean-Japanese racism is justified
It's deeply ingrained stuff, but on the other hand it happened three generations ago and it's hardly reasonable to blame some kids for their cultural history.

This is true (and woops, phrased it badly - I apologize), but it's still not a super great thing to hang your fantasy racism story on.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I'm scared for Benny. :ohdear:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

:unsmith:

Also, I like how it looks like the Boy gives his mom a hug when you get control back after the scene where you give Tony the letter.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

This update is just 100% :allears: from mom out-nerding the nerds to the glorious return of LIL BUDZ.

The first arc was pretty rough but maaaan it got better.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I was kind of thinking that Kazuko would end up actually being the dragon herself and testing us, but nope, that didn't happen. Oh well.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Thank you for the LP! I am glad to have read it and really enjoyed the ending!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

That was less :smith: than I thought it would be, at least.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Puchi's all right and not waiting for Sue forever or hit by a car like I thought was going to happen :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

well gently caress this game for saving it for when you were sure you were all clear

:smith:

• Locked thread