Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jimmy is my spirit animal

unrelated

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Iiboshi and Jimmy's VA's are a married couple in real life. Made the banter between the two characters this episode funnier for me.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The plot is starting to move full stride.
Didn't expect a Space Monster to pop up in the opening, though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was wondering if that was new.

Spicy grandmas are very powerful.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Tags: Dragon, Place of Work, Vore, NTR

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
They need to help migrate the Jhen Moran.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Man, that was a lot of plot in one episode. I'm glad they're finally getting to the actual story, but they could've spaced it out a bit more.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

By the way, can someone ask the mod to change the title of this thread to something less dumb, like just the title of the show or whatever? Cheers.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Araki posted:

Man, that was a lot of plot in one episode. I'm glad they're finally getting to the actual story, but they could've spaced it out a bit more.

That said, that did seem to be the point. Just look at how they structured the new OP. Mainly the same stuff we’d seen and heard before, with a few subtle differences, then a hard-right turn into ‘wait, what?’.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Darth Walrus posted:

That said, that did seem to be the point. Just look at how they structured the new OP. Mainly the same stuff we’d seen and heard before, with a few subtle differences, then a hard-right turn into ‘wait, what?’.

I noticed right away that they changed the text at the start from "The girl crosses the far-off sky" to "The girl hesitates before the far-off sky".

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The girl singing the OP is the VA for the main Miko aka Okonogi's sister/cousin/neighborhood kid, BTW.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwhOjN_6evE

I'm just waiting for more remixes and actualy people doing the dances. They're probably on NND but using that site is just a pain.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

It's a shame more people aren't watching this. poo poo got real! Real sweet :kimchi:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Hisone's reaction was perfect.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The train noises were a nice touch.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I'm sure more people will start watching this show when it finally lands on Netflix! :sweatdrop:

The captain becoming less of a piece of poo poo has me finally finding every character endearing as hell so I'm having a great time with this show. If they stick the landing and don't make the White Lovers stuff creepy I'm going to love this anime unconditionally.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I need to catch up on this; I was liking it a lot, creepy parts aside, but haven't watched it in a few weeks now.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I found it got a lot less creepy(to me) once the actual plan was revealed. The whole 'white lovers' thing prior to the mission reveal was super creepy, but now that we know its supposed to, I guess, increase the sync ratio of the pilots and the dragons, lest anastomosis happens.

:ohdear: Poor Masotan and Norma. I hope they're ok.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I caught up on episode 7 and gosh Hisone is adorable, that whole episode was very cute

Ririko singing the ed was good too

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This show can really go any way with its message but right now there seems to be some real drat bad repercussions from not keeping things professional and I want to see how Mari Okada handles things. At first I was thinking "Hey maybe the dragon just wont work well with them and they can work it out" but them turning feral and trying to digest their pilot is way worse than what I was expecting.

e-Netflix anime usually does better when its all shown at one time so I think they did the smart thing by holding it off till its all done. Ultimately the reception is better this way.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 10, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The dragons will learn not to be so clingy. :colbert:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I hope because all the couples are extremely cute~!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Well done, VA that had to scream so much.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Araki posted:

By the way, can someone ask the mod to change the title of this thread to something less dumb, like just the title of the show or whatever? Cheers.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

At first I was thinking "Hey maybe the dragon just wont work well with them and they can work it out" but them turning feral and trying to digest their pilot is way worse than what I was expecting.

Don't get in the loving dragon Hisone

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
those were some amazing screams

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lurking Haro posted:

Don't get in the loving dragon Hisone

Someone is going to scream this to her but she'll ignore it because shes pure and would NEVER cheat on Masotan

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Next episode is called "If I fall for you, [my heart] will melt". You can take also take that quite literally :v:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Love will tear us apart, again.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I really like this show, pacing issues aside. Also some of the plot points don't make a lot of sense (if it's essential that your pilots stay emotionally stable, why try to set up Hisone with Okonogi in the first place?), but I'm willing to wait and see how it turns out.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Araki posted:

I really like this show, pacing issues aside. Also some of the plot points don't make a lot of sense (if it's essential that your pilots stay emotionally stable, why try to set up Hisone with Okonogi in the first place?), but I'm willing to wait and see how it turns out.

Same reason you inoculate people from a disease. The minister wanted to create a doomed romance under controlled conditions rather than risking one coming out of nowhere. Plus, he and the ex-pilot seemed to be implying that successfully getting past anastomosis gives you a significant boost in your sync rate which the pilots will need for the operation (apart from the endurance thing, that braiding looks really tricky).

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Darth Walrus posted:

Same reason you inoculate people from a disease. The minister wanted to create a doomed romance under controlled conditions rather than risking one coming out of nowhere.

It's the "controlled conditions" part that gets me though, because they did a super half-assed job of controlling anything.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Araki posted:

It's the "controlled conditions" part that gets me though, because they did a super half-assed job of controlling anything.

They kept them monitored and made sure that the guy who got close to Hisone was one of theirs. Unfortunately, their monitoring system turned out to be spectacularly awful, but this is the military. Good ideas getting undermined by the participants being incompetent weirdos is par for the course.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

This show is good and cute and I listen to the ED every time. :hai:

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Raxivace posted:

Easily the best ED of the season, probably the best ED of 2018. Will not be reading replies to this post.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Araki posted:

Easily the best ED of the season, probably the best ED of 2018. Will not be reading replies to this post.

It's definitely ED2018 so far. Up there with Flip Flappers

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Raxivace posted:

The fact that they keep letting different characters sing the whole ED is great and skipping should be a crime.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Poor Hoshino... :smith:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Hisone making a good and rational decision that cannot possibly survive the entirety of next episode.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Love this show, love the opening (and that mid season mid song change, that's rad), love the ending, and love the characters. Getting a real bad vibe that the show is going to end tragically though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Sexy Jaguar :unsmith:

• Locked thread