Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017

Little did she know, but the dragon's name was also Goro.

As for piloting without acid suits, I don't think the lack of a suit is the big issue. Amakusa got swallowed like three times, and only once was she even wearing partial suit. She doesn't seem to have any nasty acid-burns even from the one time where there wasn't a crew on hand with the laxative injectors. I'm more interested in the method of control. Without the helmet's virtual reality-goggles, how do you even know what part of the stomach to poke at what time? My guess is that there was someone riding up on top in the past, or the pilot was little more than a chewy sacrificial fuel cell.

Actually, I'm not entirely clear on that. Is a dragon physically unable to fly without swallowing someone first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
I can't disagree with that. When I first read the premise, I expected the pilots to ride in the cockpit-part of the jet-costume. For now my hopes are that the show turns into a comedic slice-of life kind of thing with the actual dragon-riding being something that only rarely happens. As a joke, 'the dragon eats people' isn't all that funny. In other words, more phone-cat and favourite drink-debates, less dragon-digestion please.

Actually, until the twister-training scene, I thought that the dragon eating people was NOT supposed to happen and that safety regulations would be based around avoiding it at all costs.

• Locked thread