Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

jng2058 posted:

You know, just putting it out there, but we've only got M's word...and he admits he "isn't right in the head"...about anything regarding Pito's motives. I mean I think we can take it as read at this point that Pito is Elsa Kanzaki, which could pretty easily make M a stalker fan who's just obsessed with Elsa and all the stuff with her threatening him and the like just happening in his head. Heck, he could have written the note himself.

Well...got it half right. M really was a stalker fan, but Elsa is also messed up in the head. I'll take it, I guess. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Caphi posted:

Miyu is what this show needed from the beginning. She seems to have flown in from an entirely different anime where subtlety, showing personality, and comedic timing exist. She instantly lights up every single scene she's in, even if she's just present in the background.

:agreed: holy poo poo she absolutely stole the spotlight

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I spoiled myself on Pito's identity so whenever people said "I bet M's overreacting because Elsa's normal irl" I was twisting myself not to say anything but oh no it's all weirdos here.

Sigsawa definitely found it funny to make the MC be friends with an idol with an IRL murderboner.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!

Revdomezehis posted:

And as for M, He's gotta be in some sorta S and M relationship with Elsa/Pito right? I mean, it's literally right there in the name, and would explain the freaking out after reading the letter, afraid to disappoint and all that. Plus it'd explain his kind of embarrassed look when LLENN makes a guess about M meaning Mapper. I mean, this is an anime in TYOOL 2018 after all.

Any of ya'll that doubted me on this need to watch more anime. I on the other hand need to watch less. :negative:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

here's your (you)

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Kyte posted:

I spoiled myself on Pito's identity so whenever people said "I bet M's overreacting because Elsa's normal irl" I was twisting myself not to say anything but oh no it's all weirdos here.

Sigsawa definitely found it funny to make the MC be friends with an idol with an IRL murderboner.

GGO in a nutshell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB-wmOYelnM

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Show was good, didn't expect that from an SAO spin off 8/10.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Bless this goofy show and all the dorks in it. Especially the Machine Gun Lovers.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The one flaw in the denouement was that it wasn't the machine gun boys who had a win handed to them.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hope we get an S2 so we can get to SJ4 where It's basically all the main/prominent girls except the Amazons and M on one super team.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Sindai posted:

The one flaw in the denouement was that it wasn't the machine gun boys who had a win handed to them.

This would have been completely perfect. LLENN and Pito have their big moment and then that dumb rear end in a top hat yells "MACHINE GUNNNNN" before the hail of bullets comes in.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I bet the crowd wouldn't have booed the machine gun lovers...

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Waci posted:

How did a spin-off based on something so poo poo end up being so good

Because unlike SAO, GGO has good writing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
For the record, Warframe is a pretty great GGO sim. Get a Volt, give it a Baza and a Heat Dagger, and paint everything hot pink. Boom, you’ve got LLENN with M’s shield.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I really liked how the "dead" tags just kept undercutting all the over the top death drama in the finale.

All these hard fought wins and dramatic speeches ending with a bring[DEAD] to remind you this is just a dumb videogame.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Crain posted:

I really liked how the "dead" tags just kept undercutting all the over the top death drama in the finale.

All these hard fought wins and dramatic speeches ending with a bring[DEAD] to remind you this is just a dumb videogame.

Plus the way they animated the gore.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Crain posted:

I think that was kind of the point. "GGO is just a dumb videogame" is one of the main themes of the series, another one of those themes is "GGO actually really should just be a dumb videogame".

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kanos posted:

This would have been completely perfect. LLENN and Pito have their big moment and then that dumb rear end in a top hat yells "MACHINE GUNNNNN" before the hail of bullets comes in.

Or even just one or two strays at the edge of the firing cone to make it seem even more random. It's not like they had much HP left to begin with.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Omnicrom posted:

I think that was kind of the point. "GGO is just a dumb videogame" is one of the main themes of the series, another one of those themes is "GGO actually really should just be a dumb videogame".

Yeah, I mean, a whole chunk of the climactic fight is dedicated to Llenn just going all "Pito, stop being a loving weirdo, this is just a game, games are meant to be fun, not vehicles to fulfill your deathwish"

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, I mean, a whole chunk of the climactic fight is dedicated to Llenn just going all "Pito, stop being a loving weirdo, this is just a game, games are meant to be fun, not vehicles to fulfill your deathwish"

"I'm glad we had this talk about moderation." *tears throat out with teeth*

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I can't imagine a more perfect way for Squad Jam 2 to have ended. Llenn is unbelievable.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
clip from the live action version of ggo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
This show was better than I expected. Lots of rough bits, as people have said, it has some padding with too much talking. The action in the squad jams was excellent though and I was impressed that they had a callback to LLENN’s pink origin with the smokescreen tactic and tracking people via their bullet lines. It was a great tactic.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I feel like the show took a hard dive during the second Squad Jam. The beginning and first part felt like there was bunch of potential but the second part lingered in non-sensical triviality that wasn't even that entertaining. Literally switched off on the last few episodes because it was so dreadfully boring and continued watching after a few days. It was still passable but not the kind of "better SAO" I almost expected judging from the promising beginning.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

This show is good

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Cephas posted:

This show is good

:yeah:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
imo show knocked it all out of the park and i'm yet again really looking forward to this studio's next anime because i've consistently loved all their work since flip flappers (haven't watched the two shows they did before flip flappers yet)

would have been anime of the season but for hinamatsuri

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Fangz posted:

clip from the live action version of ggo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

Why can't I :five: individual posts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Quite fun interview with Sigsawa and Karen/LLENN’s VA.

• Locked thread