Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Meme Emulator posted:

Dont you tell me what to do

What a Hana, am I right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mentat Radnor posted:

That's been on my "to watch" list for ages, so thanks for the reminder. I'm gonna make time to watch it this weekend.

It's a really good movie.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
hey hina

it's your mom

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
You'll also all be glad to know things are better from here for anzu

like I don't want to spoil anything but her stories won't just be an endless gutpunch

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Yeah gotta save some despair for the other characters

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You'll also all be glad to know things are better from here for anzu

like I don't want to spoil anything but her stories won't just be an endless gutpunch

I can't say as I've felt like Anzu's story has really been an endless gutpunch so far. It's more of a bittersweet one really, where there is a lot of lovely things, but they're almost always balanced out by smaller victories and happiness so that it never feels overwhelming. Even now, I'm kind of hoping she gets to meet or even help Shige-san and the other homeless dads she was living with for a while because her never seeing them again feels like it'd be more of a gutpunch than anything despite her personal circumstances having vastly improved.

Also, it seems kind of weird to have the ending remind you that Hina and Anzu are psychic wunderkids of some kind because it comes up so rarely now.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I am totally up for Anzu giving her psychic muscles a workout in the most heartwarming possible way.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I wish this anime was about the pure, dumb, but always well meaning Anzu and less about her dumb and selfish friend Hina

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

hina tries her best its just that her best is very bad

also the contrast makes both better

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Hina is good
Anzu is best
Hitomi is strongest

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i hope we get to the hitomi stuff this season

Zwiebel posted:

Hina is good

:thunk:

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Hitomi is amazing, I don't know what's in the manga but I hope we get more story with her before the anime ends.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Zwiebel posted:

Hina is good
Anzu is best
Hitomi is strongest

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

esselfortium posted:

Hitomi is amazing, I don't know what's in the manga but I hope we get more story with her before the anime ends.
We have not yet begun to Hitomi.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Hitomi needs to take a page from Hina and not give a gently caress sometimes.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Congratulations.

You just doomed us all.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hina is really funny and honestly my two favorite characters are her and Nitta.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

She cant. She gives too many fucks about everything. She must, its just who she is.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
The only problem with watching Tokyo Godfathers right now is that it's also probably one of the best Christmas movies ever made, and May is way too early for watching those.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Sindai posted:

We have not yet begun to Hitomi.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Sandman posted:

The only problem with watching Tokyo Godfathers right now is that it's also probably one of the best Christmas movies ever made, and May is way too early for watching those.

Solution: Watch it again in Christmas.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Utako's reaction to Nitta's puppet performance is the hardest I laughed at this show.
It was such a good character bit for both of them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man. Hitomi is an amazing character but I wager the anime wouldn't get to the current manga chapters until like season 3 or something, which is a shame because the last two have been the best Hitomi chapters period

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Why is Utako missing at the end of both the OP and ED?
Did the date last episode go that bad?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Utako slowly getting removed from the opening and ending is a fuckin subtle masterstroke of a joke

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Every episode of this show is good.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

OB_Juan posted:

Every episode of this show is good.

The last episode won't be, because it being the last means there won't be any more episodes.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The Sandman posted:

The last episode won't be, because it being the last means there won't be any more episodes.

But once the last episode finishes you can go read the manga.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Utako slowly getting removed from the opening and ending is a fuckin subtle masterstroke of a joke

it gives me high hopes for hitomi's arcs getting adapted

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Lurking Haro posted:

Why is Utako missing at the end of both the OP and ED?
Did the date last episode go that bad?

:stare: I'm going to have to rewatch it now.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Hina's also missing from this week's ED. I fully expect everyone except Nitta to disappear by the final episode.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Zettace posted:

Hina's also missing from this week's ED. I fully expect everyone except Nitta to disappear by the final episode.

The last episodes reveals that it was all a dream caused by a late-night bowl of Ikuradon.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Zettace posted:

Don't you mean Hitomi?

CIRNO THE GREAT
Feb 12, 2018

by R. Guyovich
The expressions in this show are pretty top. I was hoping to see a bit more use of the super powers throughout the show causing issues since in episode 1 they made a big point out of making sure you knew hina had to use them.

Unexpectedly good though, def in my top 3 of the season

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I think that's the impetus behind this series being so good: Nobody's problems are solved by superpowers.

CIRNO THE GREAT
Feb 12, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Ranzear posted:

I think that's the impetus behind this series being so good: Nobody's problems are solved by superpowers.

Nah I get that, my thing was more it would just be nice to see coming up more often or making issues pop up etc. This last episode was pretty decent, but wow had real awkward moments

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Oh my god I'm dying.

:rip: me, cause of death: good-rear end show.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Feed me

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
drat that's a fun episode.

I knew they had to get to Cast Away with Mao soon, but I was losing hope for the amazing yakuza chapters getting adapted. I'm very pleased, they pulled off all the jokes perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mentat Radnor posted:

drat that's a fun episode.

I knew they had to get to Cast Away with Mao soon, but I was losing hope for the amazing yakuza chapters getting adapted. I'm very pleased, they pulled off all the jokes perfectly.

I wouldnt mind if they skip most of them but Im gonna miss Blood, Violence and Money

• Locked thread