Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Beato Believer posted:

I just hope the anime gets a good ending and I don't have to go read the manga, because I'd like a second season of this one.

Go read the manga. Even though the adaptation has been great, they've been skipping over so much to hit the points they wanted to animate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah it's a great adaptation but it's absolutely not a complete substitute for the manga.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
For one thing you don't get the translations of Hina's shirts, which I only just realized are descriptive of the situation. (e.g. "KASHIRA" on the episode where Nita become a Lieutenant)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

HellCopter posted:

For one thing you don't get the translations of Hina's shirts, which I only just realized are descriptive of the situation. (e.g. "KASHIRA" on the episode where Nita become a Lieutenant)

in the episode where hina thinks that she's returning to her timeline/home planet/whatever, doesn't she wear 2 different shirts (one says good bye and the other says sayonara)

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Meme Emulator posted:

I wouldnt mind if they skip most of them but Im gonna miss Blood, Violence and Money

Very Excite for todays episode.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Massacred, dude.

e: Anzu's power is extreme.

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 15, 2018

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
drat, they're not doing Florida. A true shame.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Extremely good Nitta faces this episode.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Anzu is such a nice girl

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Anzu is such a nice girl

Even the infamous Yakuza kingpin "N" is unable to bring her down a path of corruption.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Jon Joe posted:

Massacred, dude.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Hinamatsuri Anime: Massacred, dude.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Jon Joe posted:

Massacred, dude.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
yo what the gently caress there's only one ep left

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

yea wtf i thought one cour was 13 episodes

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Anzu can melt the stone heart of a hardcore Yakuza.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I like the details of the ending keep changing. Hina is missing from it and Anzu and he's sitting next to him instead.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

how the hell is there only 1 ep left when the intro still has two utako appearances? you can't get rid of both of those in one go, that's cheating.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

where the red fern gropes posted:

how the hell is there only 1 ep left when the intro still has two utako appearances? you can't get rid of both of those in one go, that's cheating.

!!!
Season 2 confirmed.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Zwiebel posted:

!!!
Season 2 confirmed.

There kind of has to be a season 2 with the way they've set it up.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

we made it, folks

https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1009089664823619584

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Another great episode.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe Mao killed Mechazawa.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jon Joe posted:

I can't believe Mao killed Mechazawa.

She's friends with Hina Nitta, daughter of the greatest monster of the modern age. You keep company like that, you get tough in a hurry, unless you want to get dead.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Season 2 :f5:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
That was a great way to wrap up the season. I love that Nitta's flashback montage of the times he spent with Hina included a blip of Anzu.

I guess season 2 will be entirely after the time skip? It's a shame that we won't get some excellent bits like (early manga)the hostage situation at the school where everyone eats lunch with the gunman and Hitomi's Florida Vacation unless it's in an OVA or something, but I'm mostly pumped that they set up the inevitability of there being a:

Sindai posted:

Season 2 :f5:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Or, just do the first half episode in the three years later setting, and then back to the main show.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

Or, just do the first half episode in the three years later setting, and then back to the main show.

That would be kind of tricky given how the anime is structured. The ending of the show is the last chapter before the timeskip. And you can't just jump around because of how much the series remembers what happened.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Yeah the skipped stuff from the manga would fit really well into an OVA since those tend to be very self-contained and didn't really have much impact in the overall story, though they obviously gave the characters a chance to shine.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Hitomi special and Season 2 when?

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Nitrousoxide posted:

Yeah the skipped stuff from the manga would fit really well into an OVA since those tend to be very self-contained and didn't really have much impact in the overall story, though they obviously gave the characters a chance to shine.

They might have to do some OVAs because some of the stuff they skipped, like Hitomi's Florida vacation, just blew up into a major plot point in the manga and, presumably, the second season if it happens.

Aug 24, 2011

they gently caress up the intro? utako is back everywhere except standing next to nitta

also ever since ep 1/mao on the island i was thinking "i'm coming, hina-chan" to be referring to the doll. so they stole her doll, and mao just wanted to get it back

Mentat Radnor posted:

Hitomi's Florida Vacation

you're talking about the english learning course, right? unless there's a chapter i'm forgetting

e: it was english learning (chapter 41). and i forgot about it, but the hitomi 3 chapters later (44) is yet another brilliant escalation. i so very much hope this whole series gets adapted.

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jun 23, 2018

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I found it a little weird that Hitoshi appears in the OP but not in the anime proper. Anybody know how well this has been doing in Japan? I know the manga has been running for 8 years, but from the questionably credible source of internet comments I've read that the anime hasn't been popular enough to justify making more.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Mentat Radnor posted:

That was a great way to wrap up the season. I love that Nitta's flashback montage of the times he spent with Hina included a blip of Anzu.

I guess season 2 will be entirely after the time skip? It's a shame that we won't get some excellent bits like (early manga)the hostage situation at the school where everyone eats lunch with the gunman and Hitomi's Florida Vacation unless it's in an OVA or something, but I'm mostly pumped that they set up the inevitability of there being a:

What chapters are these two stories in the manga?

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
:smith:

The Hinamatsuri manga thread is over here, remember?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I think this was probably the best comedy anime I've seen since Konosuba. It's not quite as funny but jesus the drama stuff with Anzu hits like a truck in an isekai. I remember I had to pause a few times because it was getting uncomfortably real.

AOTS for me and an instant classic for the genre. I really hope that we get a second season soon so we can get into corporate overlord Hitomi.

Aug 24, 2011

Nephthys posted:

I think this was probably the best comedy anime I've seen since Konosuba. It's not quite as funny but jesus the drama stuff with Anzu hits like a truck in an isekai. I remember I had to pause a few times because it was getting uncomfortably real.

AOTS for me and an instant classic for the genre. I really hope that we get a second season soon so we can get into corporate overlord Hitomi.

you might really enjoy Grand Blue when its anime comes out next month

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Another diving anime? Just when Amanchu! Advance is after wrapping up? Is there much actual diving in it? Or is the diving shop just the setting for a comedy show like the summary I read makes it sound?

Aug 24, 2011

tsob posted:

Another diving anime? Just when Amanchu! Advance is after wrapping up? Is there much actual diving in it? Or is the diving shop just the setting for a comedy show like the summary I read makes it sound?

i think they go diving once?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

where the red fern gropes posted:

you might really enjoy Grand Blue when its anime comes out next month

In the japanese manga world where "comedy" means nonstop puns, people ever so slightly bending societal norms and convoluted threes company miscommunication webs Hinamatsuri and Grand Blue are really breaths of fresh air. They actually tell jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Grand Blue has never once failed to make me smile. Hinamatsuri and it have that in common.

• Locked thread