Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You'll also all be glad to know things are better from here for anzu

like I don't want to spoil anything but her stories won't just be an endless gutpunch

I can't say as I've felt like Anzu's story has really been an endless gutpunch so far. It's more of a bittersweet one really, where there is a lot of lovely things, but they're almost always balanced out by smaller victories and happiness so that it never feels overwhelming. Even now, I'm kind of hoping she gets to meet or even help Shige-san and the other homeless dads she was living with for a while because her never seeing them again feels like it'd be more of a gutpunch than anything despite her personal circumstances having vastly improved.

Also, it seems kind of weird to have the ending remind you that Hina and Anzu are psychic wunderkids of some kind because it comes up so rarely now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Is it being well received commercially out of interest?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So what's the joke to her disappearing?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

chiasaur11 posted:

She's becoming less and less relevant to the narrative, partially since Hitomi is making her more and more surplus to requirements at her own bar.

Is she? Utako was never exactly central as is, and she appears to be as necessary to push Hitomi at the moment as ever since Hitomi wouldn't have moved out without her. Hitomi also basically supplanted Utako as a bartender from episode one, but doesn't appear to have taken any more responsibility or control at Song than that as of yet. Does Utako just get less important going forward or something? Cause it doesn't seem true so far to me.

tsob fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jun 11, 2018

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
That's not less relevant, because that's how she's introduced. To be less relevant, she'd need to have been doing more at some point within the bounds of the show, which she never has. She's still exactly as relevant as she was in episode 01 as far as I can tell.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The joke has already been explained several times and I still don't even think it's real. Not the punch line, which probably is meant to be exactly what people are saying; the setup I mean, because I still don't think that Utako is any less relevant than she ever was. It's obviously working for some people but not me. More explanation isn't going to change that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Another diving anime? Just when Amanchu! Advance is after wrapping up? Is there much actual diving in it? Or is the diving shop just the setting for a comedy show like the summary I read makes it sound?

• Locked thread