Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Definately the show of the season, and unlike a lot of other Japanese shows its legitimately funny. Relies on actual funny situations and not an insane web of misunderstandings or endless wordplay.

Im really happy with how much of the material theyve managed to adapt without it feeling rushed. Gives me hope for some of the later stories to get done even though theres only 12 eps. For people enjoying this show Id encourage you to read the comic after its done, tons and tons of stuff is cut. All the major plot points get hit but lots of little incidental side gags are gone, so itll make for a fresh experience even after watching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Knorth posted:

Goddamn it I wish roe was a more common thing here

Heres a homegrown salmoe roe vid straight from the united states of america.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mu0CT-pcFc

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Utako hates the cops :swoon:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Blackmail never really makes that much sense when you think about it.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yawgmoft posted:

Everyone watch Tokyo Godfathers this weekend.

Dont you tell me what to do

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mentat Radnor posted:

drat that's a fun episode.

I knew they had to get to Cast Away with Mao soon, but I was losing hope for the amazing yakuza chapters getting adapted. I'm very pleased, they pulled off all the jokes perfectly.

I wouldnt mind if they skip most of them but Im gonna miss Blood, Violence and Money

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Meme Emulator posted:

I wouldnt mind if they skip most of them but Im gonna miss Blood, Violence and Money

Very Excite for todays episode.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

yea wtf i thought one cour was 13 episodes

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

where the red fern gropes posted:

you might really enjoy Grand Blue when its anime comes out next month

In the japanese manga world where "comedy" means nonstop puns, people ever so slightly bending societal norms and convoluted threes company miscommunication webs Hinamatsuri and Grand Blue are really breaths of fresh air. They actually tell jokes.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mimir posted:

Oh, god, I thought you were talking about an anime comedy adaptation of popular gatchapon moneysuck Granblue and boy, was I skeptical.

I actually wrote Granblue and had to edit my post, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

MJP posted:

So where in the manga does the anime leave off? I don't wanna wait for season 2, I wanna get in on the Hina train while it's still running.

Read it all. Like 50% of the chapters didnt get adapted in the run up to the timeskip. Youve got plenty to read. Most of the stuff skipped was Yakuza stories but some really good non-Yakuza stuff got left behind too like Hitomis English Lesson and Anzu going to school with Hina

• Locked thread