Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
I'm not crying, you're crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

tsob posted:

Is it being well received commercially out of interest?

The first BD/DVD of the series isn't being released until June 27, so we won't know how well it sells until after that. I don't know if manga sales have increased due to the anime, though.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Hitomi is going to be a karoshi before she gets out of middle school.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
having gone back to watch the first minute of the first episode, it looks like an older Mao is doing the fighting. As she thinks, 'Hang on Hina-chan' and then it says 'three years earlier...'

So all the rest of the story seems to have been one long flashback. Perhaps Mao has the ability to erase people from time, and that's why Utako is slowly disappearing. Or the medicine I had to take is kicking in and I really need to go lie down now.

I just hope the anime gets a good ending and I don't have to go read the manga, because I'd like a second season of this one.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
:smith:

The Hinamatsuri manga thread is over here, remember?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's weird. i love the manga, but the anime didn't do anything at all for me.

This is why I try to watch the anime before I read the manga. Anime based on manga usually (not always) is a distillation of what happened in the manga. So the manga has more to it.

If you read the manga first, then not much in the anime is going to be new for you. If you watch the anime first, there will still be parts of the manga that are new to you, since they weren't covered in the anime. (there will be exceptions, of course)

Which is part of why people revealing stuff from the manga to people watching the anime drives me up the frickin' wall. (The other part is, as I've stated, that I'm a dick.)

• Locked thread