Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bump;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
elong musk does suck

elon musk though, he's cool

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

elon is a dink but itd be cool if tesla encouraged more electric cars

also spacex is cool

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
a bump for ol musky

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sham bam bamina! posted:

elong musk does suck

wrong

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
bmup

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
bumporama

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
elon “the musketeer” musk owns

e: didnt mean to bump, gently caress!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

sticky thread

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sham bam bamina! posted:

elong musk does suck

get the gently caress out

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Tokamak posted:

sticky thread

mods please

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

elong "the mong" musk

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Tokamak posted:

sticky thread

musk stick

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
elon musk for the goddamn win!!

e: gently caress! not again!! this is NOT a bump!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

obstipator posted:

elon musk for the goddamn win!!

e: gently caress! not again!! this is NOT a bump!

this is, bithc

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
elon musk sucks and i hope his workers crush him under factory machinery when he yells at them for trying to unionize

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
elon doesnt like amberpos

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
do you think elon "elon musk" musk says the n word at home

or do they have a fun sef efrekan version that he uses instead

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
A teenage Elon Musk once walked the streets of New York with emeralds in his pocket.

His father, Errol Musk, had a casual attitude towards the family’s considerable wealth, including the stones that came from the Zambian emerald mine in which Errol owned a half share.

Elon, by his father’s recollection then probably 16 years old, and his brother Kimbal, decided to sell emeralds to Tiffany & Co. on Fifth Avenue in New York – one of the world's most famous jewellers – as his father lay sleeping. "They just walked into Tiffany’s and said, ‘Do you want to buy some emeralds?’" Errol recalled in an interview with Business Insider South Africa. "And they sold two emeralds, one was for $800 and I think the other one was for $1,200."

A few days later the family returned to the store to find that Tiffany was selling the $800 emerald, now set in a ring, for $24,000 -- a markup of 30 times the price Elon had received for the gem.

See also: Elon Musk's family owns an emerald mine in Zambia — here's the fascinating story of how they came to own it
Errol has used the story as on object lesson in how retail works ever since. He was surprised but not concerned by the incident, Errol says, because money was plentiful.

“We were very wealthy,” says Errol. “We had so much money at times we couldn't even close our safe.”

With one person holding the money in place, another other would slam the door.

“And then there'd still be all these notes sticking out and we'd sort of pull them out and put them in our pockets.”

The incident also didn't discourage a young Elon from pursuing his entrepreneurial pursuits. He'd go on to help sell PayPal to eBay, found electric car company Tesla, and send a car on its way to Mars through his company SpaceX.

Errol said his children grew up watching him sell emeralds all over the world, after he had them cut in Johannesburg. However, he always stuck to the rules of the trade: contact the potential buyer, meet in a neutral public place ("for obvious reasons"), and be subtle about exchanging money for gems.

It was kind of weird for them walk into Tiffany's," he says. "They'd seen I was sleeping in one morning, and they said, "Oh let's just try, let's go."

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

do you think elon "elon musk" musk says the n word at home

or do they have a fun sef efrekan version that he uses instead

it's not racist to use the n-word if you're african

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

elon "elon "ol' musky" musk" musk

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
elon "tesla model 3" musketeers

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

elongated musk

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
felon musk

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Science, bitches :science: :iamafag:

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
My coworker is a huge Elon musk fan and can just go on and on about him forever. Apparently (according to coworker) his ideas are revolutionary.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i wonder if it ever bothers him that, despite his vast fortunes, his name is still just the word for the stuff a skunk shoots out of its butt when frightened

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Roosevelt posted:

i wonder if it ever bothers him that, despite his vast fortunes, his name is still just the word for the ideas he shoots out of his butt when frightened

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Maximum Leader posted:

My coworker is a huge Elon musk fan and can just go on and on about him forever. Apparently (according to coworker) his ideas are revolutionary.

how much bitcoin does his coworker own?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
elong's dad married his stepdaughter woody allen style

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
yeah and they had a babby :staredog:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Sham bam bamina! posted:

yeah and they had a babby :staredog:

that babys name? elong musk

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
love that story about he blamed his ex wife for emotionally manipulating him because she was upset because she had a miscarriage

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

echinopsis posted:

love that story about he blamed his ex wife for emotionally manipulating him because she was upset because she had a miscarriage
:rolleyes:

it;s clear that she was trying to undermine his authority as the Alpha in the relationship

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

He'd go on to help sell PayPal to eBay, found electric car company Tesla, and send a car on its way to Mars through his company SpaceX.

Am extremely shameful list of "accomplishments"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
elon musk hates vacations because they fired him from paypal during one

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

bump.fn();

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Maximum Leader posted:

Apparently (according to coworker) his ideas are revolutionary.

They certainly are :thermidor:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
bumping from a meeting ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

what the gently caress kind of name is "elon"?

• Locked thread