Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

Literally repatriate the Boers and Michigan Dutch back to the Low Countries then blow up the dams, that they might be washed out to the North Sea and at long last contribute in a positive way to the world.

as a Michigan dutch reform protestant descendant I'm OK with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Sweevo posted:

what the gently caress kind of name is "elon"?

I'm Dutch and I think this is a strange name.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It is an anagram of lone, aka lone wolf terrorist. Space x is a facade for icbm testing and his plan to instigate nuclear apocalypse

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Blue Train posted:

It is an anagram of lone, aka lone wolf terrorist. Space x is a facade for icbm testing and his plan to instigate nuclear apocalypse

Who will stop this mad Dutch beast?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

plang musk

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roosevelt posted:

plang musk

Ah, the actual definition of bad code smell

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

death to america

Sleeping on the floor is not unhealthy. Working so much that you’re sleeping at the office is not healthy.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

tk posted:

Sleeping on the floor is not unhealthy. Working so much that you’re sleeping at the office is not healthy.

Therefore, sleeping on the floor at the office must be neutral?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

tk posted:

i hope he fucks his back up and reports it as a workplace injury

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bump

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
anyone who loves common sense seems to be a fuckin moron
'common sense' means "you have to be some kind of idiot to actually think about things instead enshrining every reflexive thought your brain shits out"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If you can't trust your brain to think for itself who can you trust

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

quote:

Common sense is the artificial inflation of the value of meagre knowledge - the consolation prize for those too dim to achieve anything beyond remembering to breathe for long enough to reproduce. It’s the kind of earthy wisdom that deems modern art ‘crap’, pure research ‘a waste of time’ and soap operas ‘entertainment’.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Blue Train posted:

If you can't trust your brain to think for itself who can you trust

the blockchain

e: or the algorithm. w/e

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
actual unedited source for anyone who gives a poo poo

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

elon 'musk' musk is a dipshit

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

i think asking someone to bump this thread every moment of every day is unreasonable, op

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
it's ok pretty soon this thread will drive itself into :gas:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

Literally repatriate the Boers and Michigan Dutch back to the Low Countries then blow up the dams, that they might be washed out to the North Sea and at long last contribute in a positive way to the world.

suddenly michigan politics makes more sense holy poo poo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

HoboMan posted:

i think asking someone to bump this thread every moment of every day is unreasonable, op

you'r probably right but

i'm bumpin' here

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
elon musk thinks he's an engineer and not a businessman or investor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQMHEXquK9A

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
somebody write the autobump script.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

elon musk thinks he's an engineer and not a businessman or investor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQMHEXquK9A

well yeah businessmen and investors are dumb dumbs and he's a smartest guy in the room with an undergraduate double major in physics and economics so he's a master of every field :rolleyes:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

daddies moneys

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He asked if I was down ⬇for something yummy 😍🍆 and I asked what and he said he'd give me his 💲monies!

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
elon musk is basically if the person that runs “I loving LOVE SCIENCE” guy was born rich and the won the lottery

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bump

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

creationist believer posted:

elon musk is basically if the person that runs “I loving LOVE SCIENCE” guy was born rich and the won the lottery

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

that’s a british lady

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

you're not wrong ofc but didn't elon earn* his millions

*through blind luck and corporate chicanery, but not birth at least

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ciaphas posted:

you're not wrong ofc but didn't elon earn* his millions

*through blind luck and corporate chicanery, but not birth at least

he started off super rich, op

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

in the way trump earned hims wealth

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

fart simpson posted:

he started off super rich, op

eh well nevermind then, carry on proud soldiers

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Blue Train posted:

He asked if I was down ⬇for something yummy 😍🍆 and I asked what and he said he'd give me his 💲monies!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bump

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i was surprised to read that elong musk describes himself only as "somewhat libertarian", since he's what most libertarians consider the only good type of scrounger living off the state, an insanely rich scrounger living off the state

quote:

Tesla Motors, SolarCity and SpaceX, all led by entrepreneur Elon Musk, are currently surfing a new wave of state technology. Together, these high-tech ventures have benefited from $4.9bn in local, state and federal government support, such as grants, tax breaks, investments in factory construction and subsidised loans.

The State also forges demand – creates the market – for their products by guaranteeing tax credits and rebated to consumers for solar panels and electric vehicles and by contracting $5.5bn worth of procurement contracts with SpaceX and $5.5bn for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the US Air Force.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
it's straight outta the libertarian playbook for them to try and define themselves outta the libertarian label in order to distance themselves from the pedophiles and slavery advocates

typically they'll either try to invent some term that only applies to them or just state that they only have "some libertarian beliefs" like it matters

it's a distinction without a difference every single time

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bump

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Sweevo posted:

what the gently caress kind of name is "elon"?

not a ver elong one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

• Locked thread