Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I know in the last archived thread I said I wasn't sure if they'd be able to salvage the wreck but it's definitely a lot better than it was as the frankly disastrous 2.5 release. There's still some bugs here and there but a lot of the more irritating ones have been cleared up and it's a lot of fun to slay dragons with your friends online. There's been a decent amount of content released (Marza finished Upper Thaz finally, Yale is in the game and killable (also a Marza joint) Rymy finished a quest zone in Forest of the Fallen, Fuwok (aka Supreme aka the op????) made a new rank of treasure maps around tier 12, a 6 man in icewell and a 12 man zone is due for release soon enough, maybe next patch?) Bards are also getting worked on, which is what I care about mainly, hooray.

Only problem right now is Lleoc hasn't wanted to play for like 3 months (burned himself out as usual) and the guild making attempts on Thazeran is blowing up. Sad it probably won't be touched for a while unless he changes how the fight works but whatever. There's still plenty of crap to do if you're around that tier now, you just need to step out of your comfort zone and do a thing.

Other sick things that have happened since a lot of high tier people quit:

- Opuses now drop off XP mobs!!! No more turruj until you want to kill yourself for a crit evo 2 or whatever bullshit class book you were missing!!! You need to do fifth seeker in order to read them or turn them in but that's really not that hard to do anymore
- New cool items like treasure map stuff, an axe that spawns extra monsters, an upgraded robe of royalty and a hammer that spawns zombies
- Third warrior tome is now a DPS stance for when you're a low tier guild taking 7 tanks to a raid or dragging an alt to scum loot on
- Fuwok's been making a bunch of new adepts that are a lot trickier than the old adepts with great loot for the level
- Jenrok quest items got adjusted, most of them are still bad but not as bad
- Tunnels and big OG doesn't suck as much rear end XP wise anymore and have some of the highest chances for opus drop rates, also the new treasure map drops off big OG
- Traekoth Jr is back and his loot is still busted for how hard the fight is. It also only drops one piece of loot because gently caress you, lol

I'm sure I'm forgetting more stuff but here's some pictures, come play m'lord

(courtesy of non-goon but Real Dude Marcone)

But really, give it a try, it's been a lot of fun lately!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

r0rb posted:

This is a fun game, but I always hit a brick wall at max level since I’m too small to do anything except farm Kaesora or something. I have a few chars at the several hundred aa and tomes rank but can never find a raid to join (Asia time zones D: ).

Forgot to mention in an earlier post but if your problem is gear they added visible slots to the Thurgadin bounty hunter set of quests and while it takes a while to make it's something you could probably duo or find people to do it with. It's not perfect but it's definitely a solid upgrade to BoE gear or random low tier raid crap.

Also the new 12 man was released today along with some other general changes (including bard changes, hooray) and it whips rear end.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The naming policy is a lot less strict now, I wouldn't read TOO much into that. Basically as long as you don't name yourself something completely stupid and/or draw attention to it you'll be fine. Tarutao was a bit of a ...stickler to be nice.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Not in it, rated 1

(I won 500 plat)

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Dunno what happened Fuwok but thanks for all the work you did, the guild and I'm sure a lot of the server appreciated it. We'll miss your stuff at least.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I won't tell Fuwok's story but Marza did Upper Thaz, got annoyed that he kept getting stymied by whoever is in head of content now that Slaar seems done (Taryth probably, I think?), decided to work on class balance so he could make better tuned fights (make paladins and to a lesser extent SKs less poo poo tanking wise at the high end, Bard changes that miraculously got pushed through, some other odds and ends), kept getting stymied there and just decided to not deal with it.

I'd guess it's the same for Fuwok. You can read some of the player's concerns on the boards but you can kinda feel it in the top guild. For me, it's just incredibly bad to have 2 devs that made good fun content decide it's not worth their trouble to do so anymore. A lot of the same issues where multiple people have offered their time to help out in some fashion that were ignored or ghosted, it's just utterly baffling. You can't find something for them to do? Don't let them at the DB or anything they can do real harm with but nobody could like, write a quest? Give some content ideas and make loot for it?

Silent Halls should be out next Wednesday at least assuming Twist does his work so more loot and spells, hooray. Praise Saint Rymy who somehow manages to do stuff in the environment and Please Don't Leave Us Alone With Taryth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Basically any class that was a good soloer in original EQ is probably a good soloer here. Unless you have some horrible aversion to boxing though I'd highly recommend it. It's not that much more work and opens up a lot more choices for you. Any melee and a healer works more or less, wiz/enc is pretty funny. Casters will probably want some form of knight but I'd abandon it sooner than later at 65 since getting a tank to the point where they're not poo poo is a lot of work.

Shaman are fine though, basically on raids you do DPS when you can and spam heals on the tank. Pretty simple on the surface.

Be sure to hit adepts on your way up if you're starting fresh, the respawn times were lowered a couple months ago and the gear they drop is very nice for the level. You can usually find people around to load bots if you're patient and they're pretty disgustingly geared. You don't need to hit all of them for every piece of loot but stopping to smell the roses if you're fresh will pay off later. Special note to the crate of pets event that drops a fairly irreplaceable clicky. You can technically get it at 65 but it's from a quest in a high tier raid zone, much easier to get it leveling up fresh. The whistle lets you summon a vendor every 24 hours, pretty handy.

You can read more about adepts here:

https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Adept

• Locked thread