Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
A less clunky, more chill EQ1 sounds like a fun thing to try. I played EQ2 for ages but all the ominous news about the company's future right now is making me reluctant to get back into anything EQ that's not a private server - and EQ2 has no private servers, for now at least.

Is there a way to see beastlord pet models in action before permanently committing to one? I remember some cool pet models in 2 looked dorky as gently caress in practice because the walk animation would be sped up 1000% to keep up with you and stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I definitely don't mind old graphics, so long as they aren't flailing at quadruple speed or something.

Made an account and a character, I never played EQ1 at all so it's kinda fun bumbling around not knowing what the buttons do. Man there are some weird things in the server name policy though. I mean, I get not wanting people to have poo poo like celebrity names, Drizzt, or "I Hate Microsoft." But then you have things like:

"...players with names of objects from different languages Can be okay if they are unrelated. The Navajo word for "Holy" would not be appropriate for a Priest or a Paladin, but would work for any other class. The Swedish word for "spider" wouldn't fly for a rogue but might be okay for other classes. The Spanish word for "hill" could be appropriate for any class."

:psyduck:

• Locked thread