Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

redshirt posted:

I chuckle at the idea of a French Chud, living in the south of France, tilling like 20 acres of grapes.....

france has tons of chuds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

redshirt posted:

I brew a pot of fresh coffee, and then remove it from heat ASAP.
And let cool.
Then put in the fridge overnight.
Then pour over ice and make an iced coffee. It's delicious.
Small pour of vanilla muscle milk, small pour of whole milk, small pour of coffee milk.

Stir and serve in frozen coffee glass.

If you're putting coffee in the fridge overnight anyway brewing with hot water just makes it bitter (maybe that's what you want idk)

But if you're letting it steep for 12-24 hours you can just put some grounds in a french press with cold water, don't plunge until just before serving and leave it in the fridge, and you'll have a much smoother drink that imo works better with ice and cold milk

But really make coffee however you want, the most important thing is that you start with good quality beans, ideally from a local roaster so you can get them fresh

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
People can't conceive of treating coffee grounds like tea

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I make coffee by having my staff do it. Whatever method it is is fine, its all decaf anyway.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
lol if you don't have Enrique wake you up with freshly brewed coffee daily

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*TALK TO THE HAND

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

goblin week posted:

lol if you don't have Enrique wake you up with freshly brewed coffee daily

Only if Enrique sings like this while they brew:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl8hPfs3o8c

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Pvt.Scott posted:

Was it a large glass tho?
Yeah, probably half a litre. Was a bit disappointing taste too, it was a pretty fancy place. Still bought a refill

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i make cowboy coffee instead of using some touchscreen netflix enabled wifi poo poo and i guarantee its better

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What is cowboy coffee

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ya just chuck the grounds i to some hot water and let er sit

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I hate this drat keurig machine my parents got me and I kinda wanna do pour over just because I feel like it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
France did hella colonialism so you really don't need anything else to clown on them about

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Heath posted:

What is cowboy coffee

You boil water and throw grounds in and then let a cowboy drink it and collect his piss. Its like civet coffee, very much a poor man's idea of a rich man's coffee.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Farts around campfire

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

redshirt posted:

*Farts around campfire

Wrong kind of beans.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

emSparkly posted:

Wrong kind of beans.

Mongo is but pawn in game of life

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

You boil water and throw grounds in and then let a cowboy drink it and collect his piss. Its like civet coffee, very much a poor man's idea of a rich man's coffee.

once the grounds settle to the bottom and turn into sludge you can use it to scrub off all the sap you got on you from felling trees

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Don't talk to MY MUMPZ until we've had our coffee fusion

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

this is sick tho

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Thesaurus posted:

Y'all need to head over to r/espressocirclejerk :coffee::fap:

r/peopleofcoffee :colbert:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Me, jetting into that cute little cafe in Rome, for a daily iced coffee to go, much to everyone's chagrin.....

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

TrashMammal posted:

bodum is pretty good if you aren’t some kind of ham handed break stuff beast

:mods:

I request a ban for OP for posting disturbing images and deviancy

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I do pour over only bc I have seen some horror show gross poo poo growing inside of drip makers, and with pour over it's just the one piece of equipment you can hand wash. No little tubes for roaches to die in, or wet and undrying chambers for mold to grow in. People don't run vinegar through their drip machines nearly as often as they should.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

well why not posted:

USA / Americans pretending that France are cowardly and meek, when they conquered Europe like four times and riot at the drop of a hat, is some pure strain boneheaded American exceptionalism.

Reddit, naturally, is all about the “cheese eating surrender monkeys” stuff, as if the USA has not lost like 4 wars against small countries despite doing mad war crimes at every term. On the same topic, pretty rich for Americans to criticise a country for their cheese intake.

Tangential to this, there's a photo on the front page now of a german botanical garden that has an "american garden" and it's just a LA parking lot with a couple of cars and palm trees and reddit... is not taking it well

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Milo and POTUS posted:

Tangential to this, there's a photo on the front page now of a german botanical garden that has an "american garden" and it's just a LA parking lot with a couple of cars and palm trees and reddit... is not taking it well

that one’s probably more on americans than redditors, tbh

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Please, this is an American garden

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Milo and POTUS posted:

lmfao

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Strategic Tea posted:

Please, this is an American garden

you missed a spot

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I do pour over only bc I have seen some horror show gross poo poo growing inside of drip makers, and with pour over it's just the one piece of equipment you can hand wash. No little tubes for roaches to die in, or wet and undrying chambers for mold to grow in. People don't run vinegar through their drip machines nearly as often as they should.

If someone is getting dead roaches in their coffee maker, I don’t think the machine is the problem.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

If you live in an apartment building it doesn't matter how clean you are if your neighbors are trash. And once you notice the problem exists, you get to play the fun guessing game of how long it existed before you finally saw evidence

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I also have a kettle and use a chemex

I can grind the coffee with a hand grinder and put a filter on by the time the water boils, then I pour the water

I have a massive brain, ama

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If Mr Coffee came out with a machine to grind my weed and load my bong I'd buy and use it.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
:hmmyes: Mr. Coughy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Khanstant posted:

If Mr Coffee came out with a machine to grind my weed and load my bong I'd buy and use it.

That's a great business idea... brb

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

:perfect:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap