Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

emSparkly posted:

If someone is getting dead roaches in their coffee maker, I don’t think the machine is the problem.

Back when Australia switched to non-disposable supermarket bags all the usual subjects lost their minds over it. There was a big thing for a while in the lovely conservative media about how bad the new bags were and they showed old people with their used bags full of rotting produce and even cockroaches, trying to say this was the fault of the supermarkets somehow.

Like, mate, they didn't come from the factory full of that crap. Maybe don't run a story when your 'innocent victims' are filth pigs wallowing in their own poo poo all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Maybe don't run a story when your 'innocent victims' are filth pigs wallowing in their own poo poo all the time.

So you can't run stories about Australians?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Precisely :hmmyes:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Back when Australia switched to non-disposable supermarket bags all the usual subjects lost their minds over it. There was a big thing for a while in the lovely conservative media about how bad the new bags were and they showed old people with their used bags full of rotting produce and even cockroaches, trying to say this was the fault of the supermarkets somehow.

Like, mate, they didn't come from the factory full of that crap. Maybe don't run a story when your 'innocent victims' are filth pigs wallowing in their own poo poo all the time.

Sounds like people getting their groceries home and just not putting them away- supposedly a depression red flag iirc

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Anders posted:

So you can't run stories about Australians?

Wow!

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

My favourite part about Reddit is how everyone will respond to an obviously fake post with sincere rage.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DamnitGannet posted:

My favourite part about Reddit is how everyone will respond to an obviously fake post with sincere rage.

Goons do that here too.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Khanstant posted:

If Mr Coffee came out with a machine to grind my weed and load my bong I'd buy and use it.

Just use an electric coffee grinder. It will come out very fine so you'll need to be very careful smoking it but if you get your technique right it's actually better than the more common chunky nug grind. You have to draw hot air across it without burning until the weed turns brown in a spot. Then you allow that little spot to burn. Sort of vaping the goodness out of the weed before you torch it for flavor and whatever else is left.

I used to be able to make a half gram of schwag last a week this way.

DamnitGannet posted:

If you can't accept that a prank ends in a dead pet every week and the normal reaction is to run to reddit to ask if you're the rear end in a top hat then you've probably stopped looking at the frontpage by now.

Reddit is also the only place I've ever trolled where I engaged with another troll and midway through he apologized because it was getting boring if neither of us was going to be mad over it.

Internet Old One fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 30, 2024

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
that is like a poverty story and im sorry you had to experiment with technology for lovely weed.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I feel like good fresher weed would gum up the coffee grinder and you'd be seeing lots of sticky turning into weird hash on the blades. Easier to just keep a stubby paintbrush with normal grinder.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i mean you arent wrong, but this poor goon had to vaporise some stale rear end shwag well past its use by date and im sad for them.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Khanstant posted:

I feel like good fresher weed would gum up the coffee grinder and you'd be seeing lots of sticky turning into weird hash on the blades. Easier to just keep a stubby paintbrush with normal grinder.

It did exactly this and then it would eventually become a hash like substance.
I was on the low end of middle class but it wouldn't have mattered anyhow because there was literally no better weed in the area at the time unless someone was growing a plant in their closet.

It really is a good way to smoke weed and I'd happily go back to shchwag instead of the atomic headfuck stuff that's all I can find now.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I ain't ever going back to schwag

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

I ain't ever going back to schwag

Seeds N Stems, Seeds N Stems.....

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Internet Old One posted:

I was on the low end of middle class but it wouldn't have mattered anyhow because there was literally no better weed in the area at the time unless someone was growing a plant in their closet.

It really is a good way to smoke weed and I'd happily go back to shchwag instead of the atomic headfuck stuff that's all I can find now.

I was spoiled, my first time smoking weed I was 20 and smoked what we called dro at the time out of an apple. Me and my 3 main buddies would cobble together twenty bucks to buy a gram, and we would somehow make that tiny bit of weed last over a week and we were higher than we probably could get today smoking much much more.

Lowest we got was smoking resinballs, which is bottom barrel bypassing Schwab.

I never smoked dirt weed until I accidentally bought some in an attempt to sell to my friends. It was like a curse, I couldn't not smoke it because it was all my weed money, my friends couldn't turn it down when hanging out but hated it as much as I did, so they wouldn't but it. I eventually was able to sell it through people at work but it was like students still in dorms wanting to buy dimebags , ten bucks worth of seedy brickweed and asking if I deliver.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Khanstant posted:

My dad and grandfather have been using the same Norelco electric coffee grinder since the loving 70's, it is unkillable. They're both dead now so its mine, ha!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
for weed?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's a norelco. For shaving.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Internet Old One posted:

Grow brick weed in a ditch like our ancestors did. RETVRN.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Speaking of weed, the Feds are a couple of steps from making the devil's lettuce schedule III.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Today there's a reddit post about a study showing that vaping is leaving heavy metals in people's lungs. As you might expect, the comments are full of people 'debunking' the study and implying vaping is safe as long as you buy premium brand vape juice
https://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/1chfr9u/teens_who_vape_frequently_are_exposing_themselves/

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
40% in intermittent and 30% in frequent? Seems to me like I should just vape more

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
people still vape???

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

R.L. Stine posted:

people still vape???

I want to say more people probably vape now with all the weed vaping.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

enough people vape to sustain roughly 7 vape shops per square mile in every working class burb, apparently

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

I want to say more people probably vape now with all the weed vaping.

Same

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i get weed vaping cause it's super accessible but people still giving a poo poo about candy vape juice blows my mind

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Just buy real grass like normal people used to and inhale carbon monoxide instead of arsenic.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

R.L. Stine posted:

people still vape???

yeah and disposable ones became the dominant type so we're throwing away mountains of perfectly good lithium batteries now, it's epic

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

R.L. Stine posted:

people still vape???

I need my kick bitch!!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

repiv posted:

yeah and disposable ones became the dominant type so we're throwing away mountains of perfectly good lithium batteries now, it's epic

I bike 4.5 miles to work through a fairly low income area and most of the litter I see are "disposable" vapes

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
So glad they've shut that poo poo down in Australia.

Still going to be a huge health deal in 20 years or so when it all catches up to the kids who were doing it with random poo poo they bought online.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So glad they've shut that poo poo down in Australia.

Still going to be a huge health deal in 20 years or so when it all catches up to the kids who were doing it with random poo poo they bought online.

Thinking about the future? In this economy?

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

deep dish peat moss posted:

Today there's a reddit post about a study showing that vaping is leaving heavy metals in people's lungs. As you might expect, the comments are full of people 'debunking' the study and implying vaping is safe as long as you buy premium brand vape juice
https://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/1chfr9u/teens_who_vape_frequently_are_exposing_themselves/

One of the curses of social media and the Internet is that millions of fanatics learned how to say "correlation isn't causation", "that's just a single study", and "who funded this". Like professional scientists hadn't considered these issues and were pulling down major salaries and getting bonuses for publishing science in newspapers.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Either way I'm sure the companies that charge more money for their products have my best interests in mind! Why else would they be charging more money??

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
interesting findings. i will continue vaping pounds of weed down my throat

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
All the cool kids do Zyn now

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Extra Large Marge posted:

Pronouncing Zyn like "sine" and getting kicked out of the cool kids club

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Extra Large Marge posted:

the cooler kids are on zyn 2.0

https://twitter.com/ClassyRedneck11/status/1784575113217622173

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

nonathlon posted:

One of the curses of social media and the Internet is that millions of fanatics learned how to say "correlation isn't causation", "that's just a single study", and "who funded this". Like professional scientists hadn't considered these issues and were pulling down major salaries and getting bonuses for publishing science in newspapers.

Proof? That’s anecdotal. Innocent until proven guilty. :smug: