Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

nonathlon posted:

One of the curses of social media and the Internet is that millions of fanatics learned how to say "correlation isn't causation", "that's just a single study", and "who funded this". Like professional scientists hadn't considered these issues and were pulling down major salaries and getting bonuses for publishing science in newspapers.

Interesting claim, where's your citation?

Review this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_fallacy
It proves I'm right and for the rest of this debate I'm going to talk about Ancient Greece. :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pronouncing Zyn like Zune

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I still have my zune... But no charger. Can't share music for 15 years now

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Khanstant posted:

I still have my zune... But no charger. Can't share music for 15 years now

Aw man how are you gonna squirt me that new Kendrick song now?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

mmm love to suck on a fresh bandaid

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Wait this stuff is just fake dip. Like, they took all the gross brown sludge out of the most disgusting variety of tobacco and he decided “no I want it to be nauseatingly vile again”

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Deer blood? You're supposed to use racoon blood mixed with Monster. Idiots!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Just dabbing a Zyn and deer blood, like my ancestors.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

emSparkly posted:

Wait this stuff is just fake dip. Like, they took all the gross brown sludge out of the most disgusting variety of tobacco and he decided “no I want it to be nauseatingly vile again”

it's a 'quit smoking aid' that's really good at getting kids addicted to nicotine

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Soaking a ketamine troche in my cum to own the haters.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I don’t know how dipping became cool again but here we are.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

my 12 year old has classmates who bring poo poo like that to school lol. tbh that's probably around when i started smoking though

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Same reason vaping became popular, big tobacco is upset cigarettes and dip are rapidly becoming less popular so they needed a new, hip way to get people addicted to nicotine.

The clerk at my local corner store in the big military area I live in told me Zyn and Velo and all the rest are hugely popular with military people because they're incredibly addicted to nicotine from vaping, but they're not allowed to vape or smoke in uniform and I guess nicotine pouches don't make you have to spit constantly like dip so it's easier to hide. He said there's one military guy who knows when they get their shipment in every week and will show up the next day to buy every single can of his favorite flavor of Zyn.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

R.L. Stine posted:

i get weed vaping cause it's super accessible but people still giving a poo poo about candy vape juice blows my mind

it's just as addictive as cigarettes without filling your lungs with tar or making you permanently smell like poo poo
plus since it tastes like watermelon candy or whatever, lots of stupid teens get started on it

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

They have influencers on TikTok and Instagram selling it

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Lugubrious posted:

Same reason vaping became popular, big tobacco is upset cigarettes and dip are rapidly becoming less popular so they needed a new, hip way to get people addicted to nicotine.

The clerk at my local corner store in the big military area I live in told me Zyn and Velo and all the rest are hugely popular with military people because they're incredibly addicted to nicotine from vaping, but they're not allowed to vape or smoke in uniform and I guess nicotine pouches don't make you have to spit constantly like dip so it's easier to hide. He said there's one military guy who knows when they get their shipment in every week and will show up the next day to buy every single can of his favorite flavor of Zyn.

Military people are incredibly addicted to nicotine because it's a miserable job and it improves your mood and helps you stay awake. Buying tons of chew is normal because you can always sell or trade for it, a lot of people who didn't even use tobacco would have like dozens of cans before a deployment. A dollar is always worth a dollar but the value of a can of chew starts going up as soon as someone runs out.

They keep trying to figure out how they can get people to quit but lol no chow, tobacco, and bedtime are like the only good things that happen all day and you can't make someone breathe in lead soot for hours and then get them to give up their few joys over health concerns.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

just lol at the idea of facing this cold world sober

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

cumpantry posted:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Why are you all calling snus/nicotine pouches for Zyn? That's just a brand name, and mid-tier at best

And snus is great. Hardly any side effects outside addiction.

And it's pronounced like sync without the c

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

cumpantry posted:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
big tobacco can suck my dick!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Anders posted:

Why are you all calling snus/nicotine pouches for Zyn? That's just a brand name, and mid-tier at best

And snus is great. Hardly any side effects outside addiction.

And it's pronounced like sync without the c

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

tin of sin

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
drat addiction to a drug/chemical is hell of a drug huh.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

it took a long time but the only drug i need now gives the biggest high of all: jesus christ. and benzos

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

And weed

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bro there are no side effects* and also there’s addiction.

*lol

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

He claimed it was a "male enhancement" supplement lmao

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

deep dish peat moss posted:

Today there's a reddit post about a study showing that vaping is leaving heavy metals in people's lungs. As you might expect, the comments are full of people 'debunking' the study and implying vaping is safe as long as you buy premium brand vape juice
https://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/1chfr9u/teens_who_vape_frequently_are_exposing_themselves/

Is the vape damage from whatever poo poo is in the juice, or is it the heating of the device? Or both?

Also lol

a Redditor posted:

40% higher than what? Zero is the idea lead level, of course, but

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

authorities seem awful keen to keep the people from accessing these "prions"

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
It's sort of a relevant observation.
Unlike many environmental problems, there is no safe level for lead contamination. Just s few different levels that various governments and bodies have decided are their "give a drat" levels.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Atopian posted:

It's sort of a relevant observation.
Unlike many environmental problems, there is no safe level for lead contamination. Just s few different levels that various governments and bodies have decided are their "give a drat" levels.

yeah sample size is too small + weighting the model + cringe + L

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the youtube algo gave me a youtube video about "long" art, and apparently some art guy(student?) is making a zyn tower of his coworkers/students empty zyn cans. supposed it should take about 2 years to go from the ground floor to the ceiling of the 3 story building theyre in.

also he made smaller towers and put them in a box of sand so he could have a zyn garden.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

I'm getting irrationally annoyed you're all calling it a brand name - especially since XQS and Loop are vastly superior. It's like if everyone started calling video games for Mario games

Worst thing is my whining here will just make you more entrenched in this debauchery of Scandinavian culture and national identities. IMO calling nicotine pouches Zyn should be treated like a slur and give people a 6er

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

I agree. Stop saying it wrong!!!!

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
a selection from r/nicotinepouch (r/zyn was banned.)

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Koburn posted:

Even REDDIT recognizes Zyn as a slur

:dafuq:

What are you guys putting into the snus?

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Koburn posted:

All that effort and he couldn't even line up the text properly. Shameful.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit zynning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
The worst part about zyn and on is that unlike the other stuff it's flavor (while not bad) only lasts 10-15 minutes and then makes me want to spit it out and put another one in
Which as addicted as I am, I don't need to do that often, the other kinds can be parked on a gum and forgotten about for an hour or more of you like and have a bit of flavor.

Snus rules but it has a good amount of sodium in it and I moved away from it when I got high blood pressure.