Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

at least he died doing what he loved; having bob mismanage him into insanity

Robert “El Verdugo” Numero Tres

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Squeezy Farm posted:

everything i've heard on it makes it sound like absolute poo poo (with roguelike elements).sorry for your loss OP.

Same here but I didn't play it myself and therefore, I have no idea if it's good, because in this day and age I can't trust anyone.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Comfortably killing medium bosses now. Feeling powerful....

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ragg posted:

Same here but I didn't play it myself and therefore, I have no idea if it's good, because in this day and age I can't trust anyone.

Ragg, I played the poo poo out of it for 70 hours straight when I first got it. It's really good, dunno about the DLC though. You usually trust my gamerpinions, make of that what you will.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Been playing this a bunch again thanks to this thread . Unless there's some major twist I can't see this being an 80 hour game, I have like 20 hours in (in Darkest mode) and i've got a ton of level 5+ people ready to go on the final mission as soon as I grow the balls to check it out. I've gone on the wiki to figure out curio effects and stuff but otherwise i've been going into bosses and missions blind and the difficulty is up there but still reasonable

Also I just realized that upgrad]nf your stagecoach to make higher level heroes appear means that they come with their weapons/armor/skills all maxed out for their level so that seems like a very good investment in the long run which will save you tens of thousands of gold

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

goferchan posted:

Been playing this a bunch again thanks to this thread . Unless there's some major twist I can't see this being an 80 hour game, I have like 20 hours in (in Darkest mode) and i've got a ton of level 5+ people ready to go on the final mission as soon as I grow the balls to check it out. I've gone on the wiki to figure out curio effects and stuff but otherwise i've been going into bosses and missions blind and the difficulty is up there but still reasonable

Also I just realized that upgrad]nf your stagecoach to make higher level heroes appear means that they come with their weapons/armor/skills all maxed out for their level so that seems like a very good investment in the long run which will save you tens of thousands of gold

Bear in mind that number is just what I read when looking up the difference, I have no actual experience in how long the harder mode takes.

Godspeed on the final mission, it's intense

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I came yo talk about wizardry 6

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

started a new file on radiant, understanding the buffs and debuffs better now and learned which items to use on certain curios and having a really good time. this game owns

gonna stream some in a bit after i eat if someone wants to watch a newbie freak out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I played this wasted last night and woke up to a bunch of dead and afflicted characters lol. Not sure what happened

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

congratulations on your free adventurers

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its cool how once someone goes insane they start saying hosed up poo poo, start skipping turns and saying "we're all just gonna die anyway, lets speed things up! and stab your other team mates and demoralize everyone lmao, poo poo just snowballs out of control

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.twitch.tv/bn03 streamin now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

Hahaha

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

lol

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I got this on Switch a couple weeks ago and the cove jellyfish pisses me off the most out of like every mob

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

emoji posted:

I got this on Switch a couple weeks ago and the cove jellyfish pisses me off the most out of like every mob

I think it's rly resistant to stun but doesn't it have like 10 HP and no protection? It's extremely annoying if it lives and can potentially gently caress the whole fight up for you but in my experience if you always focus fire on it first round you can usually kill it before it gets a move off

edit: anyway i still haven't beaten the game but worst area by far to me is the Weald. it doesn't even seem to have a coherent theme except that all the enemies are loving annoying . You got bandits doing their BS and mushrooms giving you diseases and yeah I'm sick of it

goferchan fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Apr 28, 2018

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

been avoiding the weald but when I do go i bring a plague doctor, they can cure diseases for free

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the worst encounter so far has been the prophet who starts off behind really high HP barricades so you're solely relying on projectiles, and the stupid rear end in a top hat gets like 3 turns a round and deals super high damage. i only beat it cause I kept getting lucky with deaths door lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Someone who can protect his targets like Man-at-arms can help a lot with the prophet. I think I also brought occultist to weaken his attacks and leper to bash through the wood quickly.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

goferchan posted:

I think it's rly resistant to stun but doesn't it have like 10 HP and no protection? It's extremely annoying if it lives and can potentially gently caress the whole fight up for you but in my experience if you always focus fire on it first round you can usually kill it before it gets a move off

edit: anyway i still haven't beaten the game but worst area by far to me is the Weald. it doesn't even seem to have a coherent theme except that all the enemies are loving annoying . You got bandits doing their BS and mushrooms giving you diseases and yeah I'm sick of it

Yea it's pathetic attack wise and has no hp but its dodge is so high and it's like an annoying fly

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah gently caress the Weald. Nothing quite compares to a giant round 1 critting someone to deaths door from full hp

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

Someone who can protect his targets like Man-at-arms can help a lot with the prophet. I think I also brought occultist to weaken his attacks and leper to bash through the wood quickly.

Yeah you can definitely beat him quick at range with mark synergies but busting the wood :wink: gives u extra loot after the fight that sells for like 5k per pew so it's worth it if you have a setup that can pull it off . That's honestly a pretty fun fight , I like how many ways there are to approach it. Protection works but so does having a mobile party setup so you can make sure the falling debris hits who you want it to (since it marks the position and not the character)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

extremebuff posted:

the worst encounter so far has been the prophet who starts off behind really high HP barricades so you're solely relying on projectiles, and the stupid rear end in a top hat gets like 3 turns a round and deals super high damage. i only beat it cause I kept getting lucky with deaths door lol

Also while bosses taking multiple turns a round is bad news for your stun/debuff effects it's good news for bleed/blight damage since it'll proc every time they take an action

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

man at arms (shield n mace bro) is so good. full party buffs, protection, stuns, high damage, full enemy party dodge+spd debuff. i have like 5 of them im my roster lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Drew Curtis’ FARKest Dungeon

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I killed that drat bird like three times and only ever get its negative quirks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the jump from lv1 dungeons to veteran is drastic. i thought i had a handle on this game and they introduce new mechanics like stealthed enemies

Also the heavies are minibosses, have tons of health and armor so debuffs and poison/bleed are critical for winning any average fight

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also i killed my first shambler last night :)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

killed the necromancer. it is hosed up that he summoned stealthed skeletons and big dudes lol i think my 2 frontliners survived like 8 deathblows each

this game is getting loving hard

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

extremebuff posted:

also i killed my first shambler last night :)

Nice! I still have not. Killed the collector a bunch though and have almost all his heads

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

what the gently caress is that bird. gently caress that thing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnthusiasticCrypticWasabiMVGame

it eventually ran away, sparing my party a certain death lmao

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

every time i play this game i get owned and lose all my good guys at some point and then quit

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Been playing this a lot the past day or 2, slowly working my way through all the second-tier boss fights 😬😬 waiting for everything to come crashing down any moment though lol. It's really cool how many vastly different party configurations you can get out of 4 different party members in one of 4 different positions with 4 skills equipped, I have a bunch of hours and I'm still finding cool synergies that I've been unaware of that make me feel clever .

Its seriously an impressive feat that they give you access to every single character class and every single skill immediately at the beginning of the game but somehow combat continues to feel fresh dozens of hours later thanks to the puzzle of figuring out which configuration gives you the best shot on each mission

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

drat everything has 50 dodge and 4 immunities at the higher levels, you need really good group synergy just to land hits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff posted:

drat everything has 50 dodge and 4 immunities at the higher levels, you need really good group synergy just to land hits

im starting to see what people mean by the endgame sucking lol. you need to have a very specific crew to be at all functional on champion quests/the darkest dungeon and even then you're praying you'll make any dents at all on the enemy

there are like 2 moves in the game total that debuff enemy dodge, both on really fragile classes and it's frustrating losing these valuable guys to the enemy ignoring marks and landing crits 99% of the time

• Locked thread