Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20bpjtCbCz0

A Good Final Trailer

Deadpool
Cable
Domino
Bedlam
Shatterstar
Colossus
Negasonic Teenage Warhead
Purple Haired Asian Chick
Funny Other Type of Asian Taxi Person of Color
Dick Supreme who needs Jail Time to Get Scared Straight
Morena Baccarin better be in this Goddamn movie
Some other important people I'm sure

and

Peter who will be the next big thing like the Porg or Minions

Get Hype for the R rated superhero sequel that people wanted, a movie that visually looks like the next best thing since Ang Lee's Hulk and the Snyderverse, that seems to be genuinely funny unlike the Marvel movies (including Thor 3), with a great cast, and action tighter than the conservative's budget for the needy and poor....in a world where Cable hunts down some kid and Deadpool protects him for some ill defined reason...

Deadpool 2

I hope this is good and makes so much money that Disney says "Hm. Let's put Ryan Reynolds and the Deadpool Team in charge of Marvel Studios." so we can actually get good cinema.

Opening May 18th, just a couple weeks after Infinity War, the other Josh Brolin vehicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Visually this looks quite a bit better than the first one, which I liked.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Deadpool 2: This time we've got a budget

Girl with the electric whip hasn't been officially named in the trailers yet, but apparently she's Surge... and Negasonic's girlfriend, making them the first official on-camera LGBT characters in a superhero movie.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Deadpool 2: This time we've got a budget

Girl with the electric whip hasn't been officially named in the trailers yet, but apparently she's Surge... and Negasonic's girlfriend, making them the first official on-camera LGBT characters in a superhero movie.

d'aawww, good for them.

That is a fuckin' dope rear end trailer. I'm about as excited for this as I have been for a movie in some time. I just hope TJ Miller isn't in it much, given that his face was kind of creepy even before it came out that he was a sex monster.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

As long as Colossus lectures me about the importance of a healthy breakfast the movie gets 5 stars

Henker
May 5, 2009

Never thought I'd see loving Shatterstar of all characters on the big screen. He's like the most 90s superhero in existence, and this is a film that also has Cable in it.

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
Trailer looks awesome while Peter's arc will likely be funny as hell Domino looks like a potential scene stealer.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Might just be me but Colossus doesn’t look quite as huge as he did in the first. This one seems more normal proportioned and a bit more human with the way his metal skin is.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Also, supposedly the actual villain of the movie is Black Tom Cassidy.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

There’s plenty of holidays left for a sex scene.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Josh Brolin's perpetually squinty Cable is amazing.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gatts posted:

Morena Baccarin better be in this Goddamn movie

Why? She's the living embodiment of blandness.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Alhazred posted:

Why? She's the living embodiment of blandness.

Her character is a superhero in the comics, and indeed predates Deadpool whose first appearance was as a crazy stalker villain. I don't care for Baccarin's acting, but there's certainly precedent for her character having a more active role.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Her character is a superhero in the comics, and indeed predates Deadpool whose first appearance was as a crazy stalker villain.

That doesn't make her any less bland.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I... really hadn't expected Shatterstar to ever end up in a movie. Which is probably exactly the reason why they included him. :allears:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Superhero movies are all about personal aesthetics, and Deadpool being accompanied by long forgotten 90s as gently caress characters is perfectly fitting.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Gatts posted:

Might just be me but Colossus doesn’t look quite as huge as he did in the first. This one seems more normal proportioned and a bit more human with the way his metal skin is.

They sized him down for the sex scene.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gatts posted:

He looked pretty big in the butt squeeze scene:

Cythereal posted:

Shatterstar is also ace gay bi poly (he's gone through a few changes over the years)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cythereal posted:

What about Shatterstar?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

silhouette in watchmen. though that was little more than a cameo

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Alhazred posted:

What about Shatterstar?

I know nothing about Shatterstar. This is the first I've ever heard of him.

R. Guyovich posted:

silhouette in watchmen. though that was little more than a cameo

I don't count her because she's not a character in the movie, she's a blink and you'll miss it thing in the opening credits who's immediately killed.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I like that they kept the ridiculous Shatterstar outfit. It's so over the top.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hollismason posted:

I like that they kept the ridiculous Shatterstar outfit. It's so over the top.

I hope they keep his crazy Mojoverse background and everyone else just goes "Okay, cool" and moves on without ever mentioning it again. :v:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

For some reason I was convinced Shatterstar was one of the rando mutants who gets annihilated in Days of Future Past (I can easily hear McKellen shouting his name in my head), but I guess that was Sunspot or some other goober.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The actor who plays Shadowstar Lewis Tan was passed over for the role of Iron Fist and now lands what looks like a pretty good role in Deadpool 2 then possibly X-Force.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah. He looked like a stiff metal cinderblock the first one and in the second one they smoothed things out a bit and he looks more organic.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

There actually might be more than 1 gay character in the film because Rictor is supposedly played by Skarsgard . Rictor and Shatterstar were a couple. So like 4 gay characters in a superhero film?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
A part of me is kind of hoping that all the team-building stuff they're showing off in the trailer goes the way of the first act of Macgruber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To4i-BMwQH8

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hollismason posted:

There actually might be more than 1 gay character in the film because Rictor is supposedly played by Skarsgard . Rictor and Shatterstar were a couple. So like 4 gay characters in a superhero film?

One of Deadpool's comic writers confirmed that he's pansexual and Reynolds has talked about incorporating more of that side of him into the movies.

Also if we're guessing who Skarsgard is playing I'm gonna go with Zeitgeist because he also wears a yellow plastic guard on his lower face.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Hollismason posted:

Could've had 5 if they went with Ultimate Colossus!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Or Ultimate Juggernaut.

Unless he was just into leather bondage gear and I don't remember....

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

Could've had 5 if they went with Ultimate Colossus!

Movie Colossus is saving himself for marriage :colbert:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
That was a good trailer.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was skeptical the first movie could be good and then it was and I was skeptical they could make a good sequel but man the two full proper trailers have been real good so far

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I'm waiting for the movie premiere of Proletarian.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I hope somebody looks at Shatterstar and says "who designed your outfit, Rob Liefeld?"

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Shatterstar is also ace gay bi poly (he's gone through a few changes over the years)

I initially thought "huh that portrait of Charles Darwin in the X-Mansion looks a lot like Karl Marx" but upon cursory investigation it's definitely Marx lol

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’d like to think it’s a joke about Colossus’ Russian heritage and schools or mistaking Marx for Darwin but it may mean nothing.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I like to think it's a joke about the Cultural Marxism™ in our schools making our children mutants gay, but it could be a lot of things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I love that they're taking the piss out of comic books just by portraying ridiculous comic book characters almost entirely accurately.

• Locked thread