Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

dont listen to other peoples bad anime recommendations. instead take my good anime recommendation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51PjegTadWU
yamato 2199 is a good piece of space odyssey and a real visual treat. unlike most anime it is actually good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Why

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

So you are aiming to buy the whole franchise? "Ironically" of course.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'll ironically post a banme before doing that

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it's on sale to try and trick people into buying it OP

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dabir posted:

it's on sale to try and trick people into buying it OP

Well when you put it like that I mean I buy a ton of games on steam to never play but it has that green box so

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Leal posted:

I'll ironically post a banme before doing that

You mean this isn't just an elaborate banme?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
No cause I'm not gonna let this game beat me

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Because terrible people keep buying these equally games.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Because terrible people keep buying these equally games.

So you're gonna buy 4go and do the multiplayer with me right?

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

wow she's even doing the T&A pose on the steam thingy. how terrible.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Radio Free Kobold posted:

wow she's even doing the T&A pose on the steam thingy. how terrible.

From what I've read, it's probably the only thing this series has going for it.

I tried to read a few LPs of these games. I think they were Feinne LPs because i remember him/her doing Ar Tonelico at the time. I thought Ar Tonelico was creepy but I kinda stomached it because the plot wasn't all about dating magic singing girls and loving with their heads (just the game-play was). These games.. I couldn't do it! I got 3 pages in on the first one. It was just dumb as hell. I remember a lot of dialogue and nothing happening. I felt creepy just looking at it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
If TnA doesn't turn you off(I mean of course it doesn't, you're playing this shlock :v: ), I'd actually recommend watching Konosuba, it takes a tropey as gently caress genre(Isekai, pretty much "You die and get reincarnated in a different world, usually with game like mechanics") and just loving takes it for a ride, pretty much taking the route of a parody akin to the Ghost Stories dub or Team Fourstar, rather than trying to make a normal comedy show. The main characters are just entirely unredeemable people(Except for Megumin who did nothing wrong, totally) in a world akin to a jrpg, where they are, for better or worse, stuck together because no one else wants to work with them due to their character traits.

Also here's a small tutorial on how to stop getting recommended anime games:

Click this button on the main store page
(It's hidden when you're not hovering over a game)
Then click Preferences

And finally, add up to three tags of games you don't want to see

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 06:27 on May 20, 2018

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

mastersord posted:

From what I've read, it's probably the only thing this series has going for it.

I tried to read a few LPs of these games. I think they were Feinne LPs because i remember him/her doing Ar Tonelico at the time. I thought Ar Tonelico was creepy but I kinda stomached it because the plot wasn't all about dating magic singing girls and loving with their heads (just the game-play was). These games.. I couldn't do it! I got 3 pages in on the first one. It was just dumb as hell. I remember a lot of dialogue and nothing happening. I felt creepy just looking at it.

this is my biggest complaint. all this bullshit, loving, what are we on, three whole half-hour episodes of just talking and loving nothing is getting done. dialogue and comedy and slice of life and whatever is supposed to be carried on the characters but the characters here are bad

seconding nalesh's konosuba recommendation, it's a good comedy for taking the piss out of bad anime

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

this is my biggest complaint. all this bullshit, loving, what are we on, three whole half-hour episodes of just talking and loving nothing is getting done. dialogue and comedy and slice of life and whatever is supposed to be carried on the characters but the characters here are bad

Not even just bad, but bland and stereotypical anime.

-Annoying protagonist who's also kinda dumb and lazy but also hyper-active.
-Best friend who acts like she's more mature than everyone else but has skin thinner than tissue and will jump at anyone who says she isn't the best (I am NOT using the T-word here but yes)
-Prudish virgin girl who actually IS more mature than everyone else.
-A walking piece of fan-service that's attracted to anything and everything to the point of embarrassment that's also super vain and egotistical.

I bet you could find 2-3 of these types in multiple cartoons and video games. You could even find cases where a character fits more than one of these roles. Also they don't necessarily have to be girls or even humans.

I see what they're trying to do by making fun of video game and anime tropes, but it's hypocritical if your game is bad and not only uses those same tropes, but has nothing else besides those tropes (and cheesecake fan-service).

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
To put a bit of perspective on how fluffy the dialogue this game has - even though we don't have a true "full skip scene" option that, say, Megadimension Nep VII(R), the Fairy Fencers, Omega Quintet, and more recently Death End Re;Quest (to say nothing of some of their other games), by the time the third video is done, the Any% speedrun of this game would already be done.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

mastersord posted:

Not even just bad, but bland and stereotypical anime.

-Annoying protagonist who's also kinda dumb and lazy but also hyper-active.
-Best friend who acts like she's more mature than everyone else but has skin thinner than tissue and will jump at anyone who says she isn't the best (I am NOT using the T-word here but yes)
-Prudish virgin girl who actually IS more mature than everyone else.
-A walking piece of fan-service that's attracted to anything and everything to the point of embarrassment that's also super vain and egotistical.

I bet you could find 2-3 of these types in multiple cartoons and video games. You could even find cases where a character fits more than one of these roles. Also they don't necessarily have to be girls or even humans.

I see what they're trying to do by making fun of video game and anime tropes, but it's hypocritical if your game is bad and not only uses those same tropes, but has nothing else besides those tropes (and cheesecake fan-service).

This old thing comes to mind. They make anime trash then try and say "oh we're just parodying it"

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

This old thing comes to mind. They make anime trash then try and say "oh we're just parodying it"

Surprisingly, parody is EXTREMELY HARD TO DO, and no one seems to get this when they try to make it. And if you fail to do it, you fail hard, causing a situation like that image :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:siren:

Episode 4

Uh... :nws: warning. I mean more then usual. We meet more characters. And hey, now that we have all 8 main characters can I get a mod to make a poll asking who is the best waifu, and each girl as an option. Also make it ban anyone who picks Rom and Ram. Also Blanc.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
edit is not quote

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

That machinist has got some strong slutmog going.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

That machinist has got some strong slutmog going.

Clearly she's been farming for a taffeta shawl drop.

Also I'm sorry for being A COMPLETE loving RETARD and forgetting to put the tell into the video. Consider that anticipation for the next video!

Leal fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 7, 2018

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Currently leaning towards 'Nepgear's message is nonsense or intentionally too obscure to figure out' mainly because the obvious 'replace one letter with a different letter across the whole message' technique doesn't work out, or at least not in a way that forms English words.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
The message has been translated in a few places, although the actual message itself is nothing notable. Since you did request it, though, I'll throw it into spoiler tags so that people who are trying to decipher it themselves don't ruin the surprise.

"Dear Uni, thank you for always playing with me. I’m thankful you keep up with all my mechanic chats, and I cherish our friendship so very much."

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Leal posted:

:siren:

Episode 4

Uh... :nws: warning. I mean more then usual. We meet more characters. And hey, now that we have all 8 main characters can I get a mod to make a poll asking who is the best waifu, and each girl as an option. Also make it ban anyone who picks Rom and Ram. Also Blanc.

also Vert, the comedy sex pest with the running gag involving traumatizing that AI guide

and of the choices left, I reckon the best is gyrating Big E from your avatar

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Holy gently caress these cutscenes take for-loving-ever christ.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ozdhaka posted:

The message has been translated in a few places, although the actual message itself is nothing notable. Since you did request it, though, I'll throw it into spoiler tags so that people who are trying to decipher it themselves don't ruin the surprise.

"Dear Uni, thank you for always playing with me. I’m thankful you keep up with all my mechanic chats, and I cherish our friendship so very much."

Ah, interesting. I guessed the first two words from the length and capitalisation but like I say if you do the same replacement on the the rest of the letters in the message in the same vein it doesn't make sense, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to work.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
From what the folks who actually translated it said, Nepgear's message is using a cipher deliberately used to defeat simple substitution decryption methods, so trying to replace one letter for another doesn't really work for this instance.

Keeping this bit in spoiler text so folks who are still trying to work it out themselves don't ruin the surprise: It's a Vigenère cipher, using Uni as the keyword.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Ozdhaka posted:

From what the folks who actually translated it said, Nepgear's message is using a cipher deliberately used to defeat simple substitution decryption methods, so trying to replace one letter for another doesn't really work for this instance.

Keeping this bit in spoiler text so folks who are still trying to work it out themselves don't ruin the surprise: It's a Vigenère cipher, using Uni as the keyword.

WHY? Who put it in this "Animu Panties" game? What is even the target audience?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SatansOnion posted:

also Vert, the comedy sex pest with the running gag involving traumatizing that AI guide

and of the choices left, I reckon the best is gyrating Big E from your avatar

Big E is best girl, and I am severely disappointed FF14 didn't have both this outfit and an emote of this dance in game.

SSNeoman posted:

Holy gently caress these cutscenes take for-loving-ever christ.

ISN'T IT GREAT THAT THE PEOPLE WHO WILL TALK HAVE NOW DOUBLED :shepface:

Ozdhaka posted:

I gotta give it to them, that is pretty clever.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Glad I just clicked on that instead of spending any more time trying to figure it out. I guess Nepgear is "the smart one", but, wow.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alright lets do some penance for taking so long, I'll try to watch the second episode of the anime.

I skip past the opening because I only watch anime intros that have buttrock like DBZ or wigger rap like One Piece. The episode starts with some blond chick saying she is gonna save the children of the world. I'm sure I'll love this character. The Nep sisters are in a carriage and talk about how cool Lowee (HEH) is and Neptune mentions that Blanc needs to loosen up or she'll be friendless like Noire. It then turns out that Noire is inside the whole time, along with her sister.

Rom and Ram prank a house keeper, Vert and Blanc have backdoor politics by discussing something that the other nations shouldn't know about. The noise made by the prank annoys her, so Blanc freaks out. Rom and Ram show Blanc a book that they drew in making fun of Blanc's angry face. The Nep crew arrives, end scene.

Neptune wants a vacation, but Blanc mentions that someone named Heestoire wanted her to train Neptune. They discussing going to some fair called Super Ninten Land. Clever, and I don't mean that sarcastically. They want Blanc to come, and she doesn't want to because work. Nepgear says if you work then you lost at life, to which Noire responds with the "Some bum on youtube said that" line. I mean, she isn't wrong.

So the sisters all play at Ninten Land, they go into pipes and pop out of other pipes, there are mushrooms around, floating blocks and floating coins with various creatures on them. I admit, it looks neat. Noire and Vert talk about how Blanc needs to be more diplomatic, Vert mentions that maybe they all need to grow up then says "Maybe not me though" and wiggles her tits.

The 3DS sisters come across a rare coin, in fact a bunch of the same rare coin making a trail. They make a joke about collecting 100 coins for Blanc can probably make her get a life. Again, clever. Maybe this anime wont suck so much if they stick with the video game puns? We then see a close up of a tongue.... I'm.. not gonna like this am I?

Uni and Nepgear notice that Rom and Ram are missing and come across the coin trail, and this big monster has Rom and Ram. He attacks Uni and Nepgear with his tongue and... he says..

"You're too large for my taste" and he..... to the twins...

gently caress you Japan

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

on the plus side that monster is actually the worst thing in the franchise so it's all uphill from there!

unless it comes back, I mean, pretty sure it made more than one appearance in the game it was from

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Wait, american one piece had wigger rap intros? I need this in my life :v:

(Also lifes too short for poo poo anime, just watch konosuba instead)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Nalesh posted:

Wait, american one piece had wigger rap intros? I need this in my life :v:

(Also lifes too short for poo poo anime, just watch konosuba instead)

The infamous 4kids intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2wfGKI

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

To prepare for my eventual co-commentating I've started watching Darling in the Franxx.

Even the sex metaphor robot anime makes me less uncomfortable than Neptunia.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Leal posted:

this big monster has Rom and Ram

He's like 1/3 of the M-rating ESRB review for the game, though they don't link it to the twins particularly.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

To prepare for my eventual co-commentating I've started watching Darling in the Franxx.

Even the sex metaphor robot anime makes me less uncomfortable than Neptunia.
Don't worry it dives hardcore into conservative propaganda. The twist is that they were in the gay, atheist, Catholic future that Jack Chick warned us about the whole time.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Polsy posted:

He's like 1/3 of the M-rating ESRB review for the game, though they don't link it to the twins particularly.

Text and still shots (I'm assuming the main games are the same as this one) is a rated M, but the anime is apparently rated TV 14, where it has animated... THAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Are there people who unironically hate this song? Cause as a kid this would make me hype as gently caress for each episode. Next thing you're gonna tell me people hate I Wanna Be The Very Best and It's Time to...D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!