Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Update 17

The only good character makes the briefest appearance. Oh and some stuff happens I don't really care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
In addition to Kantai Collection and Azur Lane, there's another boatgirls game called Warship Girls, though having never played it I don't even know how it works.

It was Azur Lane and Nep that have a collaboration; the EN servers will have it pop up on the 23rd, right on Black Friday.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I hope you report back on this Ibblebibble.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
So this means you must lp azurlane too then, Leal :v

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
Yeah, Azur Lane had a collaboration with Neptunia, featuring the four main characters and their transformed selves as girls-who-are-ships. I actually play on the JP server and went through that event. The base forms have skills based on their personalities - Neptune(light cruiser) gets a buff for every other nep character in the fleet and buffs them as well, Noire(heavy cruiser) is a loner so she gets a damage bonus when she gets hit, Blanc(destroyer) takes less damage but also does less damage unless she's in a fleet with Vert, which makes her do and take more damage instead, and Vert(aircraft carrier)... Vert gets a buff for every destroyer in the fleet. And destroyers in Azur Lane range from "busty anime high school girl" to "freaking elementary schoolkid".

Oh, and don't forget that it has a marriage system(or 'oath' in the EN version) so you can marry your nep-waifu in-game! Or you can shell out real-life money and marry all of them!

It's still a fun game tho, and the real-life moneygrubbing is actually quite fair, mostly limited to skins and wedding rings(you get one of those for free but have to pay for polygamy). The gameplay is decent enough and the gacha is very lenient so there's no real need to whale for specific characters.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
The intellectual concept of "shipgirls" still eludes me

Warship-nerds (or otakus) exist. Nerds being creepy obsessive about some female anime character, they certainly exist, too.
Both of them combined? Puzzling.

If you marry one of those shipgirls and count her/it as your waifu, are into the real-life warship it is based on or do you like the anime character?

I swear there must be somebody out there, who has body pillows of (real) warships in his bedroom.

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Nov 11, 2018

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

yeah I fought that character in phantasy star online 2

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Boksi posted:

Or you can shell out real-life money and marry all of them!

Hmmm......

OutofSight posted:

If you marry one of those shipgirls and count her/it as your waifu, are into the real-life warship it is based on or do you like the anime character?

If you want to marry a Nep, is it because of the girl herself or because of the console she represents :v:

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Leal posted:

Hmmm......

If you want to marry a Nep, is it because of the girl herself or because of the console she represents :v:

I don't know, man. I think it is too late (in a lot of ways) for processing these deep philosophical implications. I am just here for this weird pervy trainwreck of a videogame.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Dabir posted:

yeah I fought that character in phantasy star online 2

You guys have no idea how not joking Dabir is on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtPQRVt_r-8

You fight said character's stupid loving Japanese boat made out of magic WiFi using a giant robot while JPOP blares. The only part that sucks is grinding it out for Yamato Factor items :argh:

Also point of interest is that SEGA got into hot water with Japanese Conservatives because the Yamato is a serious national symbol of Japan and because of the Imperial Crest (this was later changed to the villains' logo)

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 11, 2018

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

OutofSight posted:

The intellectual concept of "shipgirls" still eludes me

Warship-nerds (or otakus) exist. Nerds being creepy obsessive about some female anime character, they certainly exist, too.
Both of them combined? Puzzling.

I swear there must be somebody out there, who has body pillows of (real) warships in his bedroom.

People have made waifus out of loving ebola, ship tiddies barely ranks up there anymore.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

SSNeoman posted:

You guys have no idea how not joking Dabir is on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtPQRVt_r-8

You fight said character's stupid loving Japanese boat made out of magic WiFi using a giant robot while JPOP blares. The only part that sucks is grinding it out for Yamato Factor items :argh:

Also point of interest is that SEGA got into hot water with Japanese Conservatives because the Yamato is a serious national symbol of Japan and because of the Imperial Crest (this was later changed to the villains' logo)

I'd forgotten just how amazing playing the Yamato ET was for the first time.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've been playing Azur Lane recently so I'll report back on the Nep event. They'll have to be really good to replace my waifu Takao though.

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012

Nalesh posted:

People have made waifus out of loving ebola, ship tiddies barely ranks up there anymore.

If humanity ends up doomed because of waifu bugchasing, we clearly deserved it as a species.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Update 18

Welcome to heck, nerd.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The image alone makes me exhausted

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Was this a mistake? Who knows. Pray for me.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Remember, you have to marry all 4 of them.

E: PS you can buy all the nep games for 50 bucks on steam

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I actually bought a Neptunia game some years ago, before even this LP. It was some kinda action-RPG sorta game (not this one I'm pretty sure) and I was 'yeah sure', tried it, then found out the characters lose clothes as they get hit. May have been the first game I ever refunded?

GOI
Aug 26, 2015
I'm pretty sure that would of been Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action unleashed one of the other spin off games.

I think it was possible to get a outfit that prevented the whole clothes thing from happening(also it was either got hit od did a specific type of move enough that they would go through the clothes break thing) though if I remember from someone else's playthrough of it there was the uniped outfit, hard to rip, easy to rip and pre damaged outfit.

Blanc's game was a lot better as it was a similar type of game without the whole clothes get damaged thing but instead you had Blanc ideal of story going on also high school uniforms for everyone(Also one of the most blatant Yuri scenes in the whole series)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

GOI posted:

did a specific type of move enough that they would go through the clothes break thing)

Hahahahahahaha, of course

GOI posted:

(Also one of the most blatant Yuri scenes in the whole series)

Is it between sisters like in this game with Noire and Uni?

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Leal posted:

Is it between sisters like in this game with Noire and Uni?

Thankfully not.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Update 19

Sometimes youtube's auto thumbnail just works. Also "epic" hacker battles

Leal fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 25, 2018

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Why is the "Grim Reaper" some Hellghast mook from the Killzone franchise dual-wielding clubs? Is copyright infringement the true evil?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Weiss Schwarz do a cross-anime card game, though apparently Neptunia hasn't made the cut yet https://en.ws-tcg.com/cardlist/list/

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OutofSight posted:

Why is the "Grim Reaper" some Hellghast mook from the Killzone franchise dual-wielding clubs? Is copyright infringement the true evil?

I think they look kinda like the Combine from Half Life 2

Polsy posted:

Weiss Schwarz do a cross-anime card game, though apparently Neptunia hasn't made the cut yet https://en.ws-tcg.com/cardlist/list/

I still cannot see Schwarz and not think of Spaceballs.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Update 20

Today we see some sick nasty combat scenes, see who is behind the hacker and finally get the gag weapon for the character I mostly play as.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

btw

Like literally every other IF game, this game just has wasted potential. Like other players coming in and helping the main cast should have been cool, and you could even have tones of the Corrupted Blood incident where players who could heal would help the players who could not. Just showing how MMO communities can be positive, like in Warframe or Guild Wars 2. Like drat the writers just need to scrape for something above abject mediocrity but lol idiot factory.

Also OP the Lipton tea you drink is prob Orange Pekoe. That's the "generic" flavor of black tea people use as the default. Albeit Lipton is trash and I judge you harshly for it :colbert:

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 2, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Clever, game would be improved if there was more stuff like that.

Also if the loving GAME STOPPED DRAGGING. The loving scenes just keep coming and coming and coming

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:byodood:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

:rip:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

You really are a purified sap.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

What is wrong with you?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nalesh posted:

You really are a purified sap.

Yeah, don't need Nagia's eyes to see that.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Would it be worse if I said this is actually the first and only game I've ever platinum'd?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Stockholm syndrome confirmed.

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012

Leal posted:

Would it be worse if I said this is actually the first and only game I've ever platinum'd?

You need to get platinuming MANY other games.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Instead of platinuming games play some Platinum games.

Or complete your descent to Nep and LP all the Cyberdimension games in that pack you said cost fifty bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Update 21

Today this game blueballs me so hard it is completely and utterly unredeemable, and I cannot believe I got my hopes up for it.