Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Since I'm a lifer with Champs Online and STO, I figured to give this a try despite not really clicking with DDO. I've been playing on and off for a bit, have a level 60 something Tiefling Warlock and a level 13 Drow Paladin. I've been enjoying it so far as a casual futz around game. I do like it better than DDO. Going from the last Neverwinter thread, I figured there was no goon presence anymore so I've just been bsing with the goons in STO since the chat's shared between the Cryptic games.

I have looked at what builds are out there just to make sure I'm at least not making questing harder than it should be, but it's like trying to find recent build info for Champs Online with how much info out there's outdated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Fried Sushi posted:

https://nw.mmominds.com/ seems to have relatively up to date build guides.

That's the one I've been mostly following. If a proper goon guild ends up happening, I'd be up to join. My best luck with guilds tend to be either goons or people I actually know and hang with.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I don't think Neverwinter launched with a monthly subscription, it was free to play right out of the gate. Their previous MMORPGs had a monthly sub though.

Closest thing is that VIP system they've got and to my knowledge, they've never had lifetime subs as an option. Considering I went lifer on STO and Champs years back when they were on sale, they've pretty much paid for themselves at this point.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Fried Sushi posted:

Started up Maze Engine and Sharandar last night, so far liking the vibe of those better than the Elemental Evil stuff. Looking forward to some of the more current Modules once I get there.

I pretty much ignored campaigns other than the one that gives the bag space until recently. I half started the Maze Engine but am way too low geared so I've been doing the Dragon Cult one. Yeah, it's a bit grindy but I'll see what I can get out of it and move onto the next one.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Fried Sushi posted:

If you do the intro Ravenloft quests you get a set of 460 gear that can get you through at least the earlier modules. Takes about 10 minutes and you can totally avoid any combat so a fresh 70 can do it no problem.

Unfortunately my main's only level 66 at this point. But soon as I hit 70, it's Ravenloft HO!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Behotti posted:

I'm just diving into this game with 2 of my friends. I'm contemplating starting a guild once I get my friends to level 15(yep just starting), I have no idea what I'm doing but if there is interest here I'll try and make it happen.

Edit: Should probably specify we're playing on PC...

If a guild starts up, I'm happy to join and contribute as I can.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Haerc posted:

Did the guild coalesce?

If it ever does, I'm Luci Archangelo@Amedea and Django Riix@Amedea

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Behotti posted:

I still want to make it, just haven't had 5 people on at the same time to do it.

Since I've been on more in Champions Online lately because of Bloodmoon, either shoot me a tell and I'll switch over or just let me know a day and time range to be over on Neverwinter.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

I know it didn't help with me on at odd hours to be able to form a guild when everyone else was on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

DankRhymer posted:

Is there still a goon guild? I recently re-installed and it seems pretty fun so far.

There's been some attempts to get one off the ground. Main issue is having enough people be on at the same time to do it.