Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Anyone got any pro-tips for a crappy newbie Barbarian? I last played like 80 years ago and set this guy up with a dragon bone weapon, exp gems and apparently a goat pet, my goal is to dps until I know enough about the game to start tanking random dungeons and stuff

Level 47, I basically just mash buttons until things die but it feels like there's probably some finesse I'm missing

Also is there any way to ramp up my self-healing in tank spec?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Despite thread deadness I wanted to post an update to my earlier reply about my crappy barb:

I hit 80, ran 2 of those master expeditions and lucked out harder than a 3-time lottery winner so now I'm the proud owner of an alabaster greatsword and sword knot, then I farmed ape for an hour and got rusted iron leggings which are apparently great but now I take 25% less healing so I don't know how I feel about the arrangement

I upgraded my sword to orange but I stopped at purple on the knot, any real good reason to sink AD into maxing out the knot? And any suggestions for alternate feet for when I can't afford the healing debuff? The only info I can find online is like 2 mods outdated so I don't know what's still relevant and what isn't

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

definitely pretty braindead leveling

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

has anyone been playing on the test server? apparently the devs are working on streamlining character progression so you can actually conceivably catch up to top-end before the heat death of the universe

like I don't really play this game, I have a non-optimized barbarian I sometimes log in for dailies because actually catching up in this game is loving atrocious but if they're on the cusp of making it easier to catch up it might be a good time for me to give the game a proper go

edit: jumped on the test server, i'm really badly geared but going from live to test jumped my ilvl from like 20k to 25k, biggest thing I noticed was no more of those bonding runestones and I only had to equip one mount

blatman fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 27, 2020