Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Cutedge posted:

Apparently the pubbie community of Neverwinter is really mad because the game was made slightly harder in the combat rework, and now they are upset that they can't pull packs of 30 mobs and solo them while taking 0 damage. So the game is now "impposible" and all classes are "squishy as hell".

For the life of me, I can't understand people's desire to have MMOs that have literally no challenge in them. This, LOTRO, even the new WOW intro have a beginning-game where you literally can not die. It's so boring.

This has been my experience with literally every Cryptic MMO. Anything that's even remotely challenging is ignored, and I've actually come to dread meeting CoH/CO/STO players in other games because I know that they're going to be preposterously bad.

One of my "favorite" experiences in Champions Online was when I was trying to do some of the Lairs (their version of dungeons), and I learned the following:

1. Nobody does lairs because the loot they drop is more easily attainable through solo content
2. Nobody wants the lairs to drop good loot because it's not fair that they can't get it solo and the lairs are "Too hard"

Turns out with the exception of one Lair, they're actually face-roll easy. I discovered this after I finally, FINALLY managed to scrape together a group after days of trying.

When I played Neverwinter I thought the dungeons were pretty friggin' dope.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

EDIT: Other MMOs are pretty easy but I've never seen a community as challenge-averse as the Cryptic Crowd

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU