Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
ok i'm not a smart person but something is confusing the poo poo out of me. about half the time i queue for a dungeon everyone just runs forward without any coordination or even trying to attack anything until they reach any sort of hard stop door/gate at which point they immediately splatter because they've pulled half the trash in the place which they are clearly not equipped to handle. then they respawn and do it again. over and over and over. like, dozens of times.

i'm on a free account with cobbled together gear and only a basic understanding of how to play and somehow my DPS cleric regularly tops the damage dealt chart with 0 deaths. assuming we even make it to the end which often as not we don't because everyone drops.

are they really just that stupid? do they think they have some magic way of ditching all aggro that doesn't just dump it all on whoever is next in line behind them because of run speed differences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
i'm actually really enjoying this game and my initial dungeoning experience has changed somewhat. i think part of that is getting to 80 which opened up my options for dungeon queueing a bit more and also just making the conscious decision to ignore sprinters and hang back with the slowpokes to work them through trash mobs.

i've just barely cracked 13k IL and can top out around 1.9mil DPS on Hunt and Dread Legion regularly, which usually lands me in the top 3 for the party and a lot of times as #1.

there's a few campaigns that i can't even begin to crack (Chult, Icewind Dale, the mission in Undermountain where you team up with the green dragon against the lich with straight up stupid amounts of mobs, haven't tried Barovia beyond sprinting to the first set of blue gear when I hit 80) and the grind is pretty bad but I like just seeing how they implemented Faerun so I'm not grinding for a goal. that'd be way frustrating.

like any F2P game it is pretty blatant how much is locked behind cash. i've literally gotten exactly 1 purple drop (the ball of tentacles companion) and that's after playing for more hours than i care to count.

now i'm staring at the intermediate dungeons and trying to build up confidence to join parties where my inexperience will actively lead to wipes. i don't really want to be the person who sucks so bad that it ruins 4 other people's game

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

man that's really nice of you. i'm in PST time which I think is +2 from you. i don't get a lot of weekday play time cause of work and such but i'll look for you on the weekends!

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I have no idea what's going on anymore. Divinity is now just a button I press that does nothing. My at wills are a case of 'use one 'til the pips are full then switch to get a damage bonus', right?

Is wisdom still a primary attribute? It says so on the wiki but I don't know if that's left over from the old version.

Divine glow got nerfed through the goddamn floor :smith:

amount of divinity gained is based on pips. if you've got a whole stack of 6 pips and raise divinity you should see 1/3-1/2 recovered all at once

from searching around, common arbiter builds are now focussed on DEX and CHA. i don't heal so WIS might still be preferred there.

mostly my rotation is: throw lances until Piercing Javelin procs then throw that for crit-AOE. if Sudden Verdict procs throw the single target divine attack whose name escapes me. at 80 with blue gear focussed on power my crits are usually in the 11k-19k range but sometimes I'll see 30k+ off sudden verdict if i'm fighting lowbie poo poo like AI runs

all of this is subject to change in mod 17 which i guess is coming out in a few weeks? also Gith is a new playable race in mod 17

edit: DEX not INT. stack crit severity

lol if you fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 13, 2019

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I think the worst thing about trying to find answers was that any search with Mod16 in it brings up a bunch of articles saying the game is dead and most of the playerbase has left.

I mean I enjoy the game, I'm not thinking of protest quitting or anything, and I'm sure I'll adapt eventually, but it's not made any easier by the lack of any way in game of reviewing the mechanics. I don't understand what divinity, sudden verdict and the other one are, and I can't find any good in-game info. I'm sure it explains it all for new players somewhere, but I'm pretty lost and am having to absorb it all slowly so that I can get my head around which perks to choose and why.

You don't mention encounter powers in your rotation, are they a thing?

Have Wizards changed much? My wife's main is a Wizard so I'm hoping not, she is not good at dealing with stuff changing.

there's a recent thread in the official wizard forms that has a good build for both single-target and AOE