Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

I started playing this over the anniversary as well, enjoying it more than I expected. Started a Paladin that is 60 and a Hunter Ranger at 26. Had a Trickster Rogue from when it launched but for some reason bounced off the game back then.

PsychoLordling posted:

any active Neverwinter guild on PC?

Not sure enough still play but I noticed that I am in a chat channel called dndgoons that was created back at launch, if I recall it was because there were too many goons playing to fit into one guild, ahh goon mmo launches, the best.

Those that still play could use that chat channel to shoot the poo poo in game at least, doubt there are enough playing to bother with a guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

https://nw.mmominds.com/ seems to have relatively up to date build guides.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Never played Champions, but I still log back into STO when there's free ships to be had, and to try and catch up on converting my dilithuim ore backlog into Zen so I can stockpile T6 ships. Just bought the Temporal Raider for my Klingon, so next up is the Romulan, then my TOS.

Kind of like how every winter I end up getting dragged back into Neverwinter for the winterfest, and then selling the loot on the auction house in about February when the prices settle back down. Thanks to last year I have about 650k AD and rising, mostly from my stockpiles of unbound preservation wards & scrolls of mass life.

Between waiting for Warframe's new update and the Ravenloft stuff, I don't think I've actually bought any AAA titles in the last year apart from Destiny 2.

So what you are saying is you haven't bought any AAA titles (at least until it launches in September)?

Switched from Paladin to Hunter Ranger last week for my first character to focus on and finally got through Elemental Evil yesterday. Started up Maze Engine and Sharandar last night, so far liking the vibe of those better than the Elemental Evil stuff. Looking forward to some of the more current Modules once I get there.

I am kinda surprised by the scope of this game, has way more content and ideas than I expected, when I played back at launch it was just the relatively generic campaigns and the big thing was people making Foundry stuff. I do wish they still had the gateway app so I could level crafting while away from the game cause that seems like its going to take a long as time.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

I pretty much ignored campaigns other than the one that gives the bag space until recently. I half started the Maze Engine but am way too low geared so I've been doing the Dragon Cult one. Yeah, it's a bit grindy but I'll see what I can get out of it and move onto the next one.

If you do the intro Ravenloft quests you get a set of 460 gear that can get you through at least the earlier modules. Takes about 10 minutes and you can totally avoid any combat so a fresh 70 can do it no problem.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Yes, you lose your guild boons which can be quite severe to character progression. I feel like boons need a complete overhaul because how they are earned is frustrating and confusing.

Yeah the Boon grind has kinda soured me on the game a bit, I tend to like to play a lot of alts and playing alts in this seems like it would be horrible, just focusing on the HR now not sure I will have the stomach to do all the campaigns on another character.

Also is anyone in a decent guild on PC that is accepting new members? I didn't realize how many ilvls you got from guild boons but seems like its almost a necessity to get in one.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

HR can be pretty mobile too, they have a few skills with longish cast times but you don't really need to use them. Also they have a bunch of roots so you can root dash out of range and use the cast skill then dash back.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

tweet my meat posted:

Just installed this on my ps4. I'm guessing I'll need to be higher level to go to ravenloft which is about all that caught my interest in this game.

How is the level grind? Doable pretty quickly with a bit of effort or is it nonstop grinding for a month?

Leveling to 70 is quick, the grind to get your gear level up enough to do Ravenloft will probably take a couple months.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Thranguy posted:

The grind to be ready for the castle will be a long one, but the rest of the campaign( apart from the top rank hunts) is very accessable to anyone at 70. You get a set of gear right at the beginning of the questline that will catch you right up.

Is that gear enough? I thought you needed to be around 10-11k gear level to quest there, I tried to kill a few mobs right after getting the set on a fresh 70 and got splattered, but maybe I was just not evading enough.

Also I had a blast with this game for a couple months but burnt out grinding campaign dailies for boons by the time I got to IWD and the Cloak Tower campaigns. Wish it was more alt friendly without pushing you to buy Zen to skip campaigns.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Paladin is slower but you are basically indestructible. I preferred Ranger overall because you can mix between ranged and melee so it felt very active, but they aren't as sturdy as Paladins and even Warlocks if I recall correctly.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

Do Rangers ever get proper 'nature magic' like in the tabletop or is it pure Legolas style 'stabby stabby, backflip, bow bow'?

They get some nature based stuff like entangling roots and bark armor type spells. Some Lightning stuff as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Looks like some major changes in Mod 16, might hop on and check it out, hoping the changes to boons makes it more alt friendly.