Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

lol if you posted:

ok i'm not a smart person but something is confusing the poo poo out of me. about half the time i queue for a dungeon everyone just runs forward without any coordination or even trying to attack anything until they reach any sort of hard stop door/gate at which point they immediately splatter because they've pulled half the trash in the place which they are clearly not equipped to handle. then they respawn and do it again. over and over and over. like, dozens of times.

i'm on a free account with cobbled together gear and only a basic understanding of how to play and somehow my DPS cleric regularly tops the damage dealt chart with 0 deaths. assuming we even make it to the end which often as not we don't because everyone drops.

are they really just that stupid? do they think they have some magic way of ditching all aggro that doesn't just dump it all on whoever is next in line behind them because of run speed differences?

The problem is that the daily random queue is the main source of astral diamond income for most people, so anytime you don't queue for anything with a pre-made party you get thrown in with a bunch of randoms who all expect someone else in the group to carry everyone. Which does work for any dungeon in the leveling and intermediate queue, as long as you have at least one dps player with reasonable endgame gear in the group; but if the group ends up not having any or you are actually queuing for something from the advanced or expert queue, you will be hosed, and pubbies in general just keep smashing their heads into the wall a few times and then quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
It's actually a "buy progress in RMT store" at this point if you want to catch up to the very end game. The developers have been removing almost every single one of the mechanics that allowed you to speed up the grind to get the currency you need to upgrade your gear for the real end game content, the remaining income sources have a fixed daily cap, and the backlog for the ZEN currency exchange (trading in-game earnable currency for the RMT currency) is at over 2 months now. You can get to level 80 and your character ready to do last years outdated end game content with not too much of a grind and no RMT investment, but if you want to play this years trials the amount of upgrades you need over such a "generic" level 80 character will take you literally years to grind with just in game currency without a shitton of luck at some 1-3% RNG rolls; if you want to buy some currency with your credit card though, you can now buy every little thing to progress in the ZEN store, including poo poo like artefacts that used to only drop like once per year in rare events.