Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Have any of the updates in 2019 reduces the grind at all? I’ve never played this game but was thinking about trying it. I’ve been loving playing DDO so it sounds fun to play a game with the same setting.

Also, is there a spellsword type class or build? Such a sucker for those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ok thanks, that’s helpful. By spellsword I meant like a melee wizard or mix of magic user and melee. Like a death knight or eldritch knight. None of the classes read like that, so I’m guessing Paladin is the closest thing like you said.

The story is not much to write home about honestly. Some of the zones are cool but the depth of the story is surface level at best.

I really wish I could like this game but there is so much jank, mostly I just cannot get past the animations. The way my wizard runs, how choppy melee animations look, uuugh. Is bard any better being newer?

Having played a lot of DDO and some of Neverwinter, the games are nothing alike. Neverwinter is a regular MMO with the D&D aspect kind of stapled on. DDO has a more genuine character building aspect, actual dungeon crawling, and sticks to D&D mechanics where possible. It’s not perfect of course, but if you’re actually looking for something that tried its best to emulate tabletop, it’s DDO and not Neverwinter.

For what it’s worth, I always just do VIP for DDO so I can see all the content and races and stuff. It does have a steep price of admission for expansions but it’s a fun game doing the base quests too. I really like it, not many games like it these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-20 is basically a 4-5 hour tutorial on how to play the game. It’s kinda cool how they did it but also kind of exhausting for alts.