Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

I guess I'm just not familiar with the new modules that WOTC has been coming out with for D&D, but having a mad max dune buggy is just really weird. Module 19 seems alright other than that though, as long as they can fix the issues people are having with the faction mechanic they added.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Apparently the pubbie community of Neverwinter is really mad because the game was made slightly harder in the combat rework, and now they are upset that they can't pull packs of 30 mobs and solo them while taking 0 damage. So the game is now "impposible" and all classes are "squishy as hell".

For the life of me, I can't understand people's desire to have MMOs that have literally no challenge in them. This, LOTRO, even the new WOW intro have a beginning-game where you literally can not die. It's so boring.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Yeah, the endgame was drat near impossible to solo even before the update. But now some of the early game has a little bit of danger to it. But the challenge curve in NW was always this:

_________________________|

When I started playing (mod 18?), the open world / early dungeons were super easy until you got to the initial Avernus, at which point you died immediately if you didn't have your stats built up. Chult also could kill you if you weren't paying attention or if you ran into a group boss. The second Avernus area (avernus proper) pretty much gated you on the opening quest for some classes because you had to kill mobs in it that would murder you if you weren't at least a little tanky. I doubt that it's not still completely out of wack, but I can at least appreciate that the tower district at level 10 will kill you if you pull 9 mobs.

I'm curious how the new module is today but honestly I'm sure it will be a clusterfuck.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Oh apparently they delayed Sharandar until next week. womp.

Cryptic posted:

Throughout the last several weeks we have been committed to addressing feedback to the combat rework and we continue to remain focused on this topic. In addition, recent graphic changes to our game engine have impacted console performance for Neverwinter. We will be using this extra week to ensure stability across all our platforms, including the dungeon/trial crashes.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

I tried out the Bard on the preview server. It's interesting, it plays a lot like a red mage in FFXIV in some ways. I was hoping to find out if they have a move to jump back from your current enemy, which would confirm that it's straight up inspired by FFXIV RDM but I didn't get far enough.

The new leveling system is interesting. Basically there's no xp bar. Certain quests just give you the next level and you progress linearly through a set of 'adventures' which are some reworked old content (after tutorial you go to neverdeath, then there's other stuff). I don't hate it, I think it's going to be a much better experience than the current level to 80 process new players go through, but I don't know how annoying it will be for alt-ing.

They've definitely got some work to do with some WIP art in place and such but I bet this is going to come out in July. With them shutting down Magic Legends, I'm sure Cryptic is going to be frantic about getting their other games in the news and in front of people's wallets