Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

I'd like Mark "J" Williams to do well but he's in a bit of a jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Selby losing early would have made sense before the China Open, he was playing that badly, but with that win in between it's a bit weird.

Perry beat Jimmy White in qualifying though so going on to win the whole thing is the least he can do to apologise.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79W_kHAPqhM

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Dennis "Naughty" Taylor commentating on Trump's game, there's a surprise. What is the sound of one hand commentating?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Carter's a good old-fashioned bastard, he knows he has a herd of sympathy cows in his field and he's gonna milk them for all they're worth.

Tortured metaphors aside, if I was a betting man I'd lump on his next opponent after seeing that celebration.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Still only ever been one whitewash in Crucible history.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Strange old mix in the semis. Well, mostly just old.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

I'm strapped in for the day, let's go.

E: I knew something was missing this year

https://twitter.com/Midgetgems26/status/990994280356499456

HJB fucked around with this message at 10:39 on May 5, 2018

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

You could do a Shot of the Championship competition from Williams' shots alone. I love the mad old English-hating southpaw

(Also a Missed Black of the Championship)

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Hell of a final few frames last night, thought Hawkins would have enough as he had the more recent/relevant experience, but in the end he lost that as much as Williams won it. Always liked Mark so glad he's made the final, but at the time I thought the winner of Higgins-Trump would lift the title, and it'd take a monumental effort to change that.

Also, spare a thought for poor old Barry Hearn, who's trying his hardest to bring the game into the 21st century, and promote it around the world (read: China), but he's ended up with an old man final straight out of the 70s.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Is it the kebab or the Galaxy Minstrels do you reckon? I mean, if he can keep it up for another 14 frames then fair enough.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

This is turning into a bizarre anti-climax.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Time to bring out a classic meme for this nostalgia-fest: Higgins gonna Higg.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Killer and Born Slippy, I'm raving, snooker style. Here we go.

That'll be Terminator mode active, then.

HJB fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 7, 2018

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

TBF I've not actually seen that argument outside of a satirical post on a comedy forum.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Was about to mention the final they just referenced where Williams was past the winning post, and still lost.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Cor blimey, what a story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Special thanks to Mark Selby, whose poor form made this possible.

• Locked thread