Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
The least believable part of the reboot is that Madison is back to just living a normal life and not out there wrecking communities with her sociopath ways. Also, she's WAAAY too smart to fall for plot armor bad guy's bullshit...he should either be dead by her hand already, or at least be sweating for his position as top dog of his gypsy curse raider crew as she immediately takes it over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
I figured they were just driving around their own grow-lab. Smoke em if you got em.

Also, "Those are some nice crops you have growing there. It would be a shame if weevils ate all of them!"

*infests crops with bugs, laughs Negan-ly and has a tailgate party*

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
Wolves Pumas Vultures are cool.

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
I'm thinking that while the new FTWD has fresh faces and lots of potential, it also shows some early warning signs that *could* indicate that a lot of the stupidity and idiotic tropes that have made TWD a goddamn wasteland *could* revert this show back to its previously poo poo state, and it looks like others are conjecturing as such too.

And if we want to be pedantic about things, I sorta thought that leading zombies up a ramp into the back of a truck seemed problematic without some sort of chute to guide them up onto it in the first place. Like, wouldn't most just get hung up on the sides instead of walking neatly single file up along it?

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

Madison: "When young, I killed my own father"

Madison: (destroys functioning settlements; is instrumental in many deaths and ruined lives)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbDWBBaGjPQ

also Madison: "I always look for something good."

Yeah, I thought those flashbacks of Madison were incredibly myopic and :allears: considering all the poo poo we've seen of her. Was that supposed to be Nick's rose-colored glasses idealization of her before he dies? Because isn't Madison mostly responsible for him being an addict in the first place?

We've watched Seasons 1-3, we already know that Madison's response to life giving you lemons is to burn down the lemon tree orchard and salt the earth afterward while your kids stand there mouthing 'wtf mom'.

Edit: My wife mentioned that this was Nick's "look at the flowers" episode, in a way I guess Madison killed him in the end too.

Satchel and Trunk fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 3, 2018

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
Nah, seasons 1 and 2 are still pretty bad and I hatewatched most of them...although they become unintentionally hilarious when you realize the showrunners are making the group into total villains but you're still supposed to root for them as being the good guys. Madison is straight up Shiva the Destroyer all the way up until the end of S3.

And no, you never learn anything else about the virus. I think the showrunners have gone on record to say "that's not what the series is about" so don't get your hopes up for it...ever. They also generally regard the CDC subplot at the end of TWD S1 as a huge mistake and wish they never went with it at all...

:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008

Spellman posted:

The show died with Nick

I stopped watching at Nick's death and now read this thread to validate my decision in doing so. It sounds like I chose...wisely.

• Locked thread