Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

Because a true completely sociopath with literally no empathy or understanding of it is a fascinating character, in particular one that wanted to change and be a better person. He had a ton of potential. He was less evil and more legitimately mentally sick.

Potential yeah but I still much prefer how this show kills off characters to how TWD does('nt) do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

"quite a bit better than the main show" is underselling it a lot if only because of how bad TWD is now.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So like, what happened at the dam?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Acacia REI posted:

Right? I'm sure they could've still found lives to ruin and ways to get ambushed by zombies on the high seas. Have some island adventures here and there, fight some more pirates... also I just really liked that boat.

Yeah I really liked the boat as well, I think it's the main reason I like S2 and gloss over the bad parts.

Satchel and Trunk posted:

I'm thinking that while the new FTWD has fresh faces and lots of potential, it also shows some early warning signs that *could* indicate that a lot of the stupidity and idiotic tropes that have made TWD a goddamn wasteland *could* revert this show back to its previously poo poo state, and it looks like others are conjecturing as such too.

Yeah there's definitely some warning signs but we'll see.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

warcrimes posted:

Jesus this thread is strange. THAT is how you kill off a character. That had an emotional impact. Had no idea this was coming, either. Good poo poo.

Yeah.

God drat it sucks though. TWD characters die and you just don't care, hell most of the time you're happy you won't see the character again. In this show? Not so much.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Tortuga posted:

Heck, there was even a car crash that happened for a believable reason which I haven't seen for a long time.

I noticed that as well. It's nice to get a scene involving vehicles that isn't a complete abomination.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Astroman posted:

My prediction: we'll get an entire season of dual storylines with Strand, Alicia, Morgan etc in the present and the Stadium in the past. In the present, they'll be chasing after the Vultures, and it will be coy as to whether or not Madison is alive. In the flashbacks, Nick will still be alive so we'll still have a whole season of Frank Dillane (and Madison). We'll see them fight and be all dramatic towards the Vultures sitting outside.

In the last episode we'll find out Madison is dead. So we end up getting a whole season of her too, but that will leave it up in the air as to who will be the lead next season.

Which is kinda lame, because it's more TWD Kirkman/Nicotero/Gimple complicated fuckery for no reason other than to not tell a straightforward story.

I hope I'm wrong though, and they ditch the flashbacks/multiple timeframes in a few episodes.

I know right? That's the main concerning thing to me, the wonky cut up story. I mean they're doing a better job than TWD does of it but still...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Not the greatest.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

This really isn't that good.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Cactus posted:

Plus there's a certain... thing that happens somewhere near the end of the shows run that to this day I find shocking. Not what it was, but the way it was done, and I don't think I've ever seen another show do it quite like that ever since. The balls TSCC had were ponderous and hairy. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.

Yeah I still find it shocking as well. It was pretty great.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I'd love to see what happened after episode 6 to get us that shootout in 7.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Astroman posted:

So the show was set in Mexico and the US Southwest, and had a long term cast. The showrunners leave, Gimple comes in and:

-they jump ahead of years of story just to catch it up to TWD and let Morgan cross over
-they move it hundreds of miles away and leave behind cool stuff like Bartertown
-they bring in a bunch of new cast members
-they kill off most of the original leads
-they don't bring back guys like Salazar, the Indians, etc

Honestly the last time I saw a show change ao much was War of the Worlds back in the 80s. It's like they wanted to make a whole new show.

I know right, all of that was a red flag right from the start.

And they ignore all the dam stuff but go and do a flashback anyway?? No wonder Nick's actor wanted off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Thread title should be changed.

• Locked thread