Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

finally we are spongebob levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The character tag mechanic is proving to be pretty interesting. Actual differences in character gameplay, too! I suppose the smaller cast helps there.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Glazius posted:

The character tag mechanic is proving to be pretty interesting. Actual differences in character gameplay, too! I suppose the smaller cast helps there.

yeah, it'd be much harder to make everyone stand out with a larger cast

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

at last we reach Bikini Bottom, and explore the Krusty Krab's vast underground magma caverns

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
They modelled the inside of Squidward's and Spongebob's houses so you could be in them for less than a few seconds. Still I appreciate the effort they put into this.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Tombot posted:

They modelled the inside of Squidward's and Spongebob's houses so you could be in them for less than a few seconds. Still I appreciate the effort they put into this.

it's more effort than the console version by a mile

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Take the official Cumbucket Survey to win a free chance at Chume

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think my favourite aspect of the Chum Bucket's decor is the giant hand holding the handle. All the other buildings are also objects, but they're very divorced from context, Plankton's restaurant is a stark, almost architecturally brutalist design that just goes "Nah, Bikini Bottom is made out of tchotchkes discarded by giants and I'm here to remind you fools of it!" It makes his building stand out.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

BioEnchanted posted:

I think my favourite aspect of the Chum Bucket's decor is the giant hand holding the handle. All the other buildings are also objects, but they're very divorced from context, Plankton's restaurant is a stark, almost architecturally brutalist design that just goes "Nah, Bikini Bottom is made out of tchotchkes discarded by giants and I'm here to remind you fools of it!" It makes his building stand out.

Hopefully there isn't still a human hand in that glove

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Hopefully there isn't still a human hand in that glove

Maybe the stench of rotting human flesh is the real reason that nobody goes to the Chum Bucket, but they just say that the food's no good to avoid drawing attention to it.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Maybe the stench of rotting human flesh is the real reason that nobody goes to the Chum Bucket, but they just say that the food's no good to avoid drawing attention to it.

Plankton's Stank Bucket

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Well, Chum is ground fish parts. Burgers are Beef. Which restaurant doesn't serve it's clientelle, while serving it's clientelle?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I am proud to live in [Neighborhood].

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

an arcadey stealth level, but it's actually nice

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Chester looked super weird in that minigame section. I wonder if they based him of some official design docs or if one of the artists just decided to wing it.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Tombot posted:

Chester looked super weird in that minigame section. I wonder if they based him of some official design docs or if one of the artists just decided to wing it.

I'm not sure either of those are an excuse, considering they had access to Google.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Man, and this game had been so good about not having egregious typos up until this point, too!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Man, and this game had been so good about not having egregious typos up until this point, too!

I tried not to draw attention to it, because I felt bad.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Who says it's a typo? Get hit by his beams and you get Lightened. You just lose weight.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

BioEnchanted posted:

Who says it's a typo? Get hit by his beams and you get Lightened. You just lose weight.

Namely, all of it!

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
They probably used a spellchecker and forgot to actually look at the words afterwards.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

It's more of a Fairy Outpost.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

It's been a journey, and I had fun! Only one more Nicktoons game to go

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Y'know, they're making a brand new nicktoons racing game featuring a bunch of old characters; though for whatever reason it doesent appear to have any Jimmy Neutron, Fairly odd parents or Danny Phantom characters in it.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Tombot posted:

Y'know, they're making a brand new nicktoons racing game featuring a bunch of old characters; though for whatever reason it doesent appear to have any Jimmy Neutron, Fairly odd parents or Danny Phantom characters in it.

Source?

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

Oh right. Factual evidence, I forgot that part. Here: https://www.destructoid.com/childhood-favorites-return-for-nickelodeon-kart-racers-514327.phtml
It apparently pulls characters from twelve different series so we'll see what pops up later on.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Tombot posted:

Oh right. Factual evidence, I forgot that part. Here: https://www.destructoid.com/childhood-favorites-return-for-nickelodeon-kart-racers-514327.phtml
It apparently pulls characters from twelve different series so we'll see what pops up later on.

Wow, this is actually pretty sweet

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Let's Play "Globs of Doom"

Globs of Doom is the final Nicktoons game we'll be playing, and coincidentally also the final game in the Nicktoons Unite! series. You could say it went out with a bang, or with a fart, and I think either would be applicable. You see, Globs of Doom doesn't have things like "game design" or "interesting ideas", but it charmed me in a few departments. Namely, the story is a big step up in absurdity from even Toybots, and the environmental variety and music is the best in the entire Nicktoons series. I think it's worth experiencing, even though the gameplay itself is very bad.

Videos

1. HD Syrup

2. I'm sure that makes sense

3. Starkos

4. Angry Shampoo

5. Angels Don't Exist

6. Finale

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 8, 2018

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
The graphics in the spongebob level are so well done that I'm honestly suprised, I'm definately tuning in to see what the rest are like. Also It doesn't look like Timmy Turner is in this one, probably couldn't figure out a way to include a boy with infinite magical wishes into the plot this time.

Tombot fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 31, 2018

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Tombot posted:

The graphics in the spongebob level are so well done that I'm honestly suprised, I'm definately tuning in to see what the rest are like. Also It doesn't look like Timmy Turner is in this one, probably couldn't figure out a way to include a boy with infinate magical wishes into the plot this time.

I'm kinda glad, because Timmy's world wouldn't have been too interesting to look at.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Patricks Arm in that still looks a lot like a penis...

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

BioEnchanted posted:

Patricks Arm in that still looks a lot like a penis...

He probably knows, and is completely fine with it.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

2. I'm sure that makes sense

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I think Jimmy is holding a squash racket with some electric wires strung through it, couldn't tell you if thats from anything.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Tombot posted:

I think Jimmy is holding a squash racket with some electric wires strung through it, couldn't tell you if thats from anything.

Truly his genius is beyond our understanding.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Maybe what they are getting at with the Goo Immunity is that because Spongebob is so malleable, even if it did affect him he'd just snap back to his normal size and shape. Like Sandy once diced him with a wire fence during their footrace and he just reassembled.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

BioEnchanted posted:

Maybe what they are getting at with the Goo Immunity is that because Spongebob is so malleable, even if it did affect him he'd just snap back to his normal size and shape. Like Sandy once diced him with a wire fence during their footrace and he just reassembled.

I appreciate your optimistic over-thinking of narrative issues.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

3. Starkos

Fanboy & Chum Chum apologism

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
It sounds like Technus is voiced by Gilbert Gottfried but according to google he and Jack Fenton were indeed voiced by Rob Paulson. Thats crazy.

Also I remember seeing Tak videogames in the magazines I had growing up. I thought they were just rubbishy tie-in games to the TV series, I didn't know that the games came first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Tombot posted:

It sounds like Technus is voiced by Gilbert Gottfried but according to google he and Jack Fenton were indeed voiced by Rob Paulson. Thats crazy.

Also I remember seeing Tak videogames in the magazines I had growing up. I thought they were just rubbishy tie-in games to the TV series, I didn't know that the games came first.

The games were an original IP commissioned by Nickelodeon and developed by Avalanche. They're very pretty, and take place in a unique colorful setting with witty dialogue and subversive humor. It's a shame what the cartoon did to the license

• Locked thread