Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Its so weird how underutilized the Mecha concept is. I thought they might try and impliment it into the jumping sections as some kind of powerup similair to the goo blaster guns, but no. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing the other characters in this game, it really is special how many series they crammed into this game even just for the playable characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
If I could hazard a guess, The numbered blocks do give time, but only after you destroy the next objective. Also, that was some seriously hard looking platforming, all to end on a turret section of all things. It makes me wonder what they had planned for this game.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Well that certainly ended with a conclusion, at least the game looked fun. I loved the final reward for collecting all the fairies, even though I don't think you get anything from it.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
The only game I can compare this to off the top of my head is 'Agents of Mayhem'. That also had multiple characters you could switch between for different things, but that game had way more than just four guys.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Yeah thats the one, I'd say that game started off about as dry as this one in regards to gameplay. Incidentally I actually looked something up and discovered there was another Nickelodeon game for the Gameboy Advance that had about as many different crossovers as Attack of the Toybots did. It was called 'Nicktoons: Freeze Frame Frenzy' and it looks facinating.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
They modelled the inside of Squidward's and Spongebob's houses so you could be in them for less than a few seconds. Still I appreciate the effort they put into this.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Chester looked super weird in that minigame section. I wonder if they based him of some official design docs or if one of the artists just decided to wing it.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
They probably used a spellchecker and forgot to actually look at the words afterwards.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Y'know, they're making a brand new nicktoons racing game featuring a bunch of old characters; though for whatever reason it doesent appear to have any Jimmy Neutron, Fairly odd parents or Danny Phantom characters in it.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

Oh right. Factual evidence, I forgot that part. Here: https://www.destructoid.com/childhood-favorites-return-for-nickelodeon-kart-racers-514327.phtml
It apparently pulls characters from twelve different series so we'll see what pops up later on.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
The graphics in the spongebob level are so well done that I'm honestly suprised, I'm definately tuning in to see what the rest are like. Also It doesn't look like Timmy Turner is in this one, probably couldn't figure out a way to include a boy with infinite magical wishes into the plot this time.

Tombot fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 31, 2018

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I think Jimmy is holding a squash racket with some electric wires strung through it, couldn't tell you if thats from anything.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
It sounds like Technus is voiced by Gilbert Gottfried but according to google he and Jack Fenton were indeed voiced by Rob Paulson. Thats crazy.

Also I remember seeing Tak videogames in the magazines I had growing up. I thought they were just rubbishy tie-in games to the TV series, I didn't know that the games came first.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
That extra blob of goo at the end of that cutscene makes me think it was accidental, I've seen liquid physics tests in 3D software before that sometimes have little pieces cling to objects and then fall off. Also, that rooftop level seems better to watch than to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Y'know, whenever I think about this game, I think they could have made it about some boring plot by one of the series villains. But instead they made it about some kind of twisted deity snot from the before time began and I can't help appreciate that kind of creativity.

• Locked thread