Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the famine resulted from stalin's imposition of total wholesale collectivization of peasant agriculture across eurasia but there is no evidence that it was specifically directed at ukraine OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Golden Corral has been turned into Soviet Corral. Jeff Foxworthy has been liquidated

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/987686845071941633

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So Kotkin writes that Stalin engaged in piracy while he was living in Baku after he blowed up the money carriage in Tiflis?

He was a Caspian Sea pirate? Can someone explain???

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
He also writes that despite all the political murder and general Wild West tomfoolery happening in the Caucasus at that time, the real bad boys were the Dashnaks, i.e. Armenians and when I read that I thought yeah that makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Holy gently caress the toxic environment in Baku killed his wife who violently bled out from tuberculosis. Stalin then tried to throw himself into her grave. This is heavy poo poo

• Locked thread